Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Unbreakable vs Dragoon

Gromzok
Can we get a reply from dev if we will see changes to unbreakable?
One of the biggest issues is that it only gives bonuses at lvl 1, 6, 11 (excluding keywords).
Spending 26k xp and raising str by 2 and con by 1 only to lvl up from 11 to 12 and what do we get from that lvl? Absolutely nothing not even a keyword. Even worse is spending 46k xp and raising both str and con by 2 to lvl up from 12 to 13 and again we get absolutely nothing not even a keyword.
They might as well remove 6 lvls that dont give us anything and merge costs with other lvls…
Stephen Cheney
EE9 fixes dead levels in armor feats across the board (switched it so you either get a new keyword or a passive effect increase), which required improving the amount of physical resistance provided by Unbreakable by a small amount.
Gromzok
Stephen Cheney
EE9 fixes dead levels in armor feats across the board (switched it so you either get a new keyword or a passive effect increase), which required improving the amount of physical resistance provided by Unbreakable by a small amount.
Omg omg thank you! smile
tribuzio
Stephen Cheney

Moving to a higher level the main reason to train unbreakable, the energy resistances, was the only way to do it?

It has already being heavily nerfed by the addition of high energy resistances to medium and light armor, now it broken in two and the second half moved further up. What we are receiving in exchange? A boost in HP that all armors are receiving?

I fail to see the reason to train the feat at this point. Plenty of wasted XP.

Decius
Could we put +X Physical|Energy Resist per keyword back on some of the armor feats in exchange for the HP?
tribuzio
Decius
Could we put +X Physical|Energy Resist per keyword back on some of the armor feats in exchange for the HP?

Signed and subscribed. We have other ways to increase our HP while, AFAIK, there aren't ways to get a constant increase to the Physical/energy resistances beside the armor feat.
There are temporary effects (spells, maneuvers and so on) but they eat actions and/or stamina. Not very functional.
Stephen Cheney
Decius
As noted, it's an exploratory change*. Please start a thread on the pros and cons of the change. Asking for some feats to change it back without context doesn't tell me why you want that smile .

* Which, admittedly, would have made more sense if the change to beneficial effect scaling had made it in. Essentially, once healing only ever goes up, it will be useful to have a larger pool of HP for heals to scale against without changing the overall balance math too much. I'm hopeful for EE10.
Decius
I'll get my cogent arguments together and start that post.

I will say that I'd prefer to take less damage and have fewer hp and less healing, but only have the better resistance vs a subset of damage types.
Edam
Stephen Cheney
* Which, admittedly, would have made more sense if the change to beneficial effect scaling had made it in. Essentially, once healing only ever goes up, it will be useful to have a larger pool of HP for heals to scale against without changing the overall balance math too much. I'm hopeful for EE10.

Which is all fine if healing worked.

What does work:
- Self healing works fine but is obviously useless when you are down.
- Healing others works fine out of combat.
- Healing also OK if you get to stand behind someone and "top them up".

What is broken:
- Healing someone who is kiting is very difficult as their are no pure "ranged" heals, the channel positives are broken with regard to epro against T2 and finally all the charge feats are low level and broken enough that most people will never risk using them.
- Healing someone that is down is next to impossible, even if you can get then targeted and get close enough before they die from the 3 ogres still beating on them even after they drop - your heal spells are GREYED OUT while they are bleeding out and hence useless
Tagnar
As a cleric who is solely focused on healing/buffs and not on damage, dps or any points spent in a single weapon skill I think I have some input on how healing works and doesn't work.

- Healing people that are kiting. If they are leashing a mob and going in a straight line they shouldn't need a heal. If they are effected by a bleed or debuff that will keep them from making it out you HAVE a ranged shrug off effect so you should use that. If they are kiting in a circle it takes just a little coordination and communication to heal them as they run by. Even with a speed effect your minor cure will have no problem going off as they fly by. If they need a big heal you will need to time your chase as they pass very well or have them slow down for a moment.

- You need to be mobile to heal properly and I think that is intended and I enjoy it. I am spending my concentration on cooldowns and coordinating my heals so I am not hit by the AoE attacks (why some people don't use these in groups boggles my mind its useful enough that coordinating it is worth the effort and practice that it requires. When im in my regular group we have 2-3 people using aoes and avoid mistaken hits for the most part. Very rare to lose any rep)

- Topping off people is really only a consideration when working an escalation on fast mode where you won't be leaving combat between fights. Its noticeable to people but honestly often unnecessary as you regen very fast if out of combat.

- With the utility keywords fixed positive energy is now a great heal again. It is NOT JUST a top off spell. You can position yourself in combat so your only healing your friends and its not that hard to figure out the range it uses. Its perfect when not using AoE attacks just as an enemy dies or even if the enemy isn't dead you can heal 2-5 of your allies at once and only healing the single enemy that is being focused on the others that aren't hurt receive no benefit.

- Healing someone who is down is hard. No issue with that statement. This happens typically in two cases if its someone who was kiting and wasn't expected to be hit but was for some reason then they have a low survivability rate because it takes so long to get to them. If it is someone else though I am typically already on my way to heal them before they went down and as long as I have a cure minor/positive energy off cool down which I should unless I miscalculated then they have a rather high survival rate with a small heal followed by a larger but longer casting expendable typically. Your heals are NOT greyed out. Sometimes ill pick someone up 2-4 times as they immediately fall down over and over if they aren't able to quickly react as they get up. I pick people up off the ground all the time (maybe too often, I should not let them get there as often I suppose)

- Charge feats are awesome when they work but I haven't used them since I was in tier 1 stuff as every time I test them out I get blue screened after a few uses. They suck and will add a great option some day when that doesn't happen. (I fight in the mountains often Ive heard in less cluttered terrain they work without issue)

In summary healing works extremely well out of combat AND in combat. I can tell you right now that the effectiveness of the groups I join is SIGNIFICANTLY increased when fighting t2 mobs. There are many people between OV, Alderwag and Forgeholm who can attest to how sought after a pure healer is.

Back to OPs question. I'm not sure how much of an increase unbreakable's effect has been given in the last update. +3 by level 20 seems pretty meh however +5 by 20 I think would be very solid. I use a similar ability, the protection domain and it currently gives me +3 to all resistances which IS significant.

Any type of attack will have its base damage lowered by 3. A damage factor 3 attack is lowered by 9 or a damage factor 5 is decreased by 15 on each hit. That is significant to me as this includes all types of attacks whether its a mage, cleric, rogue, fighter, boo boo the bear it lowers each attack. I think Unbreakable would need to increase your resistances by 3 in tier 2 and 5+ in tier 3 for it to be a good choice. Although I wonder why it doesn't have a slightly better advantage with hps which would increase the effectiveness of cleric heals since those changes were made.
Tagnar, Ironbreaker of Forgeholm
High Priest of Abadar

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post