Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Priority for adding reasons for PvP

Tigari
deisum
If you all knew the math, why didn't anyone bring it up and point out the reputation costs were so high before your post? All I saw was whining that no one could find rep-loss-free PvP. It's a lot easier to change some numbers for an equation in a config file than it is to make sweeping changes to existing systems, or speed up time.

It sucks that you sacrificed some of your time to prove the point that the costs of PvP are currently really, really high, but why not discuss those costs rather than advocating for more methods to wholly circumvent those costs?

We did, many times when the changes first came out. Then we were called murder-hubo's

EDIT: (murder-hobo is my own working, but same sence)
JustinianLorimar
Here's a reason to fight. Add mines. Mines are findable using a skill similar to EVEs "scanning", and once found a little pocket of ore would be found (similar to a gusher which I understand will be later on down the road), say maybe 1,000 units. But it becomes visible on the map once discovered and perhaps a regional announcement goes out "A copper mine has been found near Marchmont!" Whoever controls the mine can mine it, but they'd have to have gatherers, defenders and porters on hand to reap the benefits.
JustinianLorimar
Errr. And at the time of the announcement the hex would become a FFA hex with no reputation penalty.
New Guy
deisum
If you all knew the math, why didn't anyone bring it up and point out the reputation costs were so high before your post? All I saw was whining that no one could find rep-loss-free PvP. It's a lot easier to change some numbers for an equation in a config file than it is to make sweeping changes to existing systems, or speed up time.

It sucks that you sacrificed some of your time to prove the point that the costs of PvP are currently really, really high, but why not discuss those costs rather than advocating for more methods to wholly circumvent those costs?

I'm not sure if you are just being lazy but the reputation costs have been discussed multiple times in many very heated threads. Perhaps you could research them prior to making assumptions. It is often hard to catch up on a conversation where everyone else has a basic understanding but you lack the context because you just joined.

But that's really not the point:

Caldeathe Baequiannia
It wasn't about the rep math because that has been adjusted several times already, and will be adjusted many more times to get the desired results, but all the rep math in the world doesn't help with ways to do PvP that are interesting and engaging for the people who want to do it.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post