Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

If you REALLY want conflict...

Midnight
At each server downtime tally up each settlement's tower count and each company's tower count and each company's member count. Keep a running tally for the week and have it publicly available.

Each Monday the settlement that had the lowest tower count over the week loses control of their settlement. (In the event of a tie, the settlement who had the best landrush rank should lose, because they have the least excuse, and their location is likely a better location).

The company that had the highest tower count over the week gets the settlement. (In the event of a tie give it to the company with the fewest members over the week for being more effective).

Just watch as things liven up, perhaps culminating in a frenzy each weekend.

Warning: People WILL lose sleep. smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Or we could go with closing the settlement that has the smallest number of towers in relation to their final landrush population. The math would be no harder and I guarantee it would generate more conflict, more quickly.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Midnight
Closing settlements without take-overs and no chance to regain them?

oooh nice, have you considered lawful evil? smile

I'd still like to see some opportunity for fresh leadership introduced, so maybe once a month the company that had the most towers that month takes over a settlement.

Basically, close 3 settlements, change 1.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
markelphoenix
War of Towers will end soon. Let these ideas die.

Focus on how things will be during PoI.

Want more players, recruit more people.

Those who want PVP, need to look for it. I can almost guarantee those asking for PVP aren't seeking it out.
Midnight
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Or we could go with closing the settlement that has the smallest number of towers in relation to their final landrush population. The math would be no harder and I guarantee it would generate more conflict, more quickly.

Just realized, that would cause new players and not-particularly-loyal-to-the-settlement-they-wound-up-in-players to gravitate towards joining the companies with the smallest landrush population.

Not saying that's a *bad* thing, just quirky.

Also, your method would be a great tool against settlements that created multiple Paizo identities (that I've heard old timers grouse about).
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
markelphoenix
War of Towers will end soon. Let these ideas die.

Focus on how things will be during PoI.

Want more players, recruit more people.

Those who want PVP, need to look for it. I can almost guarantee those asking for PVP aren't seeking it out.

I already *am* biding my time for POI, but the DEVS seem not to be biding their time and want to generate conflict through WoT. I'm just suggesting something that can't end in peaceniks trading towers each day so that everyone can train up on whatever their assigned train-up day is and thus THWART THE DEVS' INTENTIONS.
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
I always saw the War of Towers as something that was designed to funnel PvP conflict into something meaningful, rather than as something to generate conflict. I have no doubt that Ryan would like to see more conflict because, in many ways, conflict is content. But I'm not sure it's something they need to spend time worrying about.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Midnight
The current plan is just going to lead to settlements taking turns owning towers (It's Wednesday folks, our turn to train up) and thus won't funnel PvP anywhere.
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
Midnight
The current plan is just going to lead to settlements taking turns owning towers (It's Wednesday folks, our turn to train up) and thus won't funnel PvP anywhere.

By "funnel", I meant "give folks who wanted to PvP a place to do so without losing Reputation". The fact that some players aren't availing themselves of the various opportunities PFO offers for PvP may say more about those players' expectations than about the developers' intentions.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tigari
Nihimon
By "funnel", I meant "give folks who wanted to PvP a place to do so without losing Reputation". The fact that some players aren't availing themselves of the various opportunities PFO offers for PvP may say more about those players' expectations than about the developers' intentions.

The problem is not the people who WANT to pvp, its the fact that its to easy to stay away from rep free pvp if you DON'T WANT pvp. We've ran around capping towers, and even let the other settlements know where we were and what we were doing, and they just ignored us, and I'm assuming made up for the lost towers by capping others.

Hopefully the new WOT changes will fix this though.

MY fix to this is I just stopped caring about my rep, I attack whoever whenever. Figured I can do this for a week or so, then play PvE'er/Gatherer (or even other games) for a week or so, then go and get a few more ranks in training. I got tired of people telling me "Oh you can pvp, you just have to be willing to". Lone Gatherers beware.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post