Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Player Suspensions and Bans

Ryan Dancey
Dear Players,

Today we had to take action to remove a player from our community due to the player's violation of our Terms of Service. That was unfortunate. We provide a lot of feedback to our community through various communication channels to let people know when they've stepped out of bounds and that we want them to take corrective action. Sometimes those people choose not to listen.

As a part of that process we realized that our system for imposing game restrictions was not linking correctly to the forums, and we've fixed that problem as well. In the future when an account is suspended or banned the account will lose both game client privileges and forum privileges at the same time. I want to apologize to everyone for the blowback that you may have seen on the forums due to the breakage in that link.

Goblinworks takes our role as curators of the community very very seriously. We want you to know that we are working very hard both in public and behind the scenes to shape what we consider to be a healthy and non-toxic environment for everyone to participate in. And we'll continue to do so to the best of our ability.

Thanks for your continued support.

RyanD
Hedrik Holiday
Wow. How unfortunate!
Thanks for the heads-up, Ryan.

If the ToS, etc. don't note specifically that the game and forum accounts are linked - and that restrictions imposed on one will also restrict the other equally, then you may want to change it/them so that they do say as much explicitly…

smile
Deianira Sunstorm
Are there any plans to delete what remains of his posts? Or at least to clean up his last display name and signature? It's disconcerting to find them littering ongoing threads and doesn't give newer people a very good image of the community.
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
Azure_Zero
Deianira Sunstorm
Are there any plans to delete what remains of his posts? Or at least to clean up his last display name and signature? It's disconcerting to find them littering ongoing threads and doesn't give newer people a very good image of the community.

I have to agree, it adds a bad look.
Even more bad to the GW CEO.
Ryan Dancey
Fixing his signature and deleting his posts would require the intervention of a programmer and we are not planning on changing their tasking at this time. Those posts will fade away.
Gog
You could in theory reset his forum login info and log in as him to change them directly.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Thod-Theodum
I will ask him to change his name back to the original again. He has a lot postings in our recruitment thread and it just reflects badly on us.
No promises. But worth a try.

Edit: I did ask to change it something less offensive - not sure the original name is a good solution either.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Thod
I will ask him to change his name back to the original again. He has a lot postings in our recruitment thread and it just reflects badly on us.
No promises. But worth a try.

Edit: I did ask to change it something less offensive - not sure the original name is a good solution either.

I'm sure no one holds EL accountable for his actions, or at least they shouldn't.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Ryan Dancey
I cleaned up that nonsense in your thread. Sorry about that.
Deianira Sunstorm
Ryan Dancey
I cleaned up that nonsense in your thread. Sorry about that.

Second <hug> of the day!

Contact me on Paizo: Deianira

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post