Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Player Suspensions and Bans

Sspitfire1
Since I missed all the drama around that, could someone enlighten me as to who did what to merit the ban? Or at least the "what" part would be nice.
Nihimon
It's probably best not to rehash it all in this venue.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Sspitfire1
Since I missed all the drama around that, could someone enlighten me as to who did what to merit the ban? Or at least the "what" part would be nice.

To be very brief, cursing in ones display name, posts and signature are not a good idea. Complaining that your short term ban did bit also cover your posting ability, not a good idea. Then complaining that your short term ban was extended, even worse idea.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Dazyk of Phaeros
I think he broke the 'don't be a dick' rule.

Nuff said.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Sspitfire1
I see, thence the "in-game" ban is tied to forum behavior, as well. Interesting and unfortunate.
Nihimon
It strikes me that "in community" behavior is being judged, and I think that's a good thing.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Ryan Dancey
There's no artificial distinction between communication in-game, on these forums, on Paizo's forums, on our Facebook pages, etc.

To be clear:

Your behavior in the community is covered by the "Don't Be A Jerk" rule. There's no limit to the scope of that prohibition. If you're a jerk on a private forum and it causes problems to the community as a whole, we'll act.

Your behavior is also covered by the "Follow Instructions" rule. Also no limit to the scope of that prohibition. If we tell you to stop doing something that's toxic, and you keep doing it, no matter where you do it, we'll act.

Communication is covered by the "No Adult Content" rule, regardless of where that communication is made. To the extent that it affects this community, you are prohibited from transmitting or posting any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Goblinworks, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above.

In addition you agree you will not harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any user of Pathfinder Online.
New Guy
My only question is whether or not you got his extra accounts…
Decius
There's no way to be fully sure. But there are lots of ways to be sure enough to closely monitor.
Kero
Hmm, I'd be really curious as to what happened, because I seem to have missed it all smile. I know I did chat with the guy in question in game one or two days ago (around the exact time he left the EL company in game; our conversation started with me answering in help chat his question as to what the command to leave a company was). And I have to say, with me not having any previous knowledge of his posts or any of the history, he seemed VERY reasonable in what he said. He said he was unhappy with his current company's leadership, gave specific examples of what bothered him, and asked if I could recommend another company to fit his interests. We had a perfectly normal conversation without any hint of any ban-worthy behavior. I would have suggested my own company, if his stated interests had been a decent match. Ironically, I ended up suggesting TSV/Phaeros amongst others - in retrospect, maybe not the best idea smile.
So, yes, I'm really dying to know want went down, even though I do of course understand that rehashing some flame war or something similar may not be such a smart idea smile.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post