Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Player Suspensions and Bans

Thod-Theodum
Calidor
My only question is whether or not you got his extra accounts…

Calidor - I send you a PM yesterday on the Paizo board and explained part of what I write below for everyone now.

About the second account - no - GW was unaware of it. That account was one of my original 6 accounts and I sold it in the first week of the land rush to one of my TT players. He generated 2 char, assigned XP to one of them - but never played. So when the now banned player voiced that he tried to buy a DT account I arranged that the account was transferred by repaying my TT player and charging a similar amount via PayPal.
As of yesterday that account has been returned to me, passwords and e-mail are changed and I reimbursed the PayPal invoice. The plan is now to use that account as the EL bank bot / communal storage. Currently I'm using my wife's account for that purpose and it just isn't feasible if I'm the only one with access.
I did notify Ryan and informed him about the account after I took it back. I hope this draws a line under the whole situation.
It is also in the best interest if we refrain from detailed discussions and retelling of individual incidents. I'm aware someone even made screenshots in game that will still exist but won't help the situation or the community.
I would paraphrase it as a Dr Jackal / Mr Hyde situation. A player who could be caring, helpful, motivated who would change if he felt slighted on these boards by taking too much what was written as personal.
Any rehash will just confirm to him that he was justified and mobbed instead of looking at his own failures.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
BlackMoria
Another one bites the dust.

New player came on (most likely a Buddy Invite)

Had an offense character name. Immediately spams the General channel insulting the game, insulting the devs and then starts insulting players in channel. Gets reported to Ryan on help channel. Ryan intervenes, give warning about behavior and character name and bans that character.

Player brings in another character and starts attacking characters in Marchmont. Kills a brand new character by someone who just logged in and was being helped. Attacks me and several others and keeps being killed by Thornguards but keeps spawning in and attacking people. Ryan intervenes yet again - this time, permanent bans the account.

Time from being a complete asshat to permanent ban - under 20 minutes. Might be a record.

Ryan apologized to everyone in General about the incident. Ryan didn't need to apologize for this player - the guy was a complete and utter dick from the moment he logged in and it was all on him.

Lesson - don't be a jerk and listen to Devs when they tell you to correct your behavior.

Second lesson - vet the people you give Buddy invites to.
Kitsune
Pretty awesome that it was dealt with so swiftly.
Iril
I took one good away thing from the incident.

The fact that I was so shocked by his outbursts showed me that I had come to expect courtesy and common decency as the norm within the game, which speaks highly of the community.
Iril and Eilya
KDS - Auroral
Fanndis Goldbraid
Awesome, in a potential bad way. I have been giving out lots of Buddy Keys and wonder who it could have been. Hopfully not one of my "guests".
Tuoweit
HardinSteele
Awesome, in a potential bad way. I have been giving out lots of Buddy Keys and wonder who it could have been. Hopfully not one of my "guests".

Ryan mentioned that GW did in fact contact the inviter to inform them.
Tyncale
Iril
I took one good away thing from the incident.

The fact that I was so shocked by his outbursts showed me that I had come to expect courtesy and common decency as the norm within the game, which speaks highly of the community.

Exactly my feelings. I hope justice will always be so swift, but I would also love to have an /ignore command asap. That guy really stunk up the General Channel. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Elorebaen
I appreciate the importance of community stewardship shown. Thank you.
Gagnrath
(Ahem)?
Duffy Swiftshadow
There will be an email and probably a post/thread explaining what has occurred once they solidify a few details and double check some circumstances, as was stated by GW.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post