Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Player Suspensions and Bans

Gagnrath
As was stated by GW to who? The alpha aristocracy?
Duffy Swiftshadow
It was shared with the settlement leaders at an 'Outlaw Council' meeting and those settlement leads are free to share more info with you, ask your leadership (assuming they attended, a few did not send anyone). I personally just don't want to post anything regarding the details on the forum myself as some interpretation and arguments are bound to happen and I want nothing to do with them on this topic.

For anyone who is confused about what we're talking about or hasn't heard yet some players were banned from the game two days ago for exploiting. Aside from explaining what happened, how they found it, and why they banned them at the council meeting GW said they will be sending an email and making a post once they are content to leave the bans in place and have done their due diligence internally and with regard to NewCorp.
Bringslite
Duffy Swiftshadow
It was shared with the settlement leaders at an 'Outlaw Council' meeting and those settlement leads are free to share more info with you, ask your leadership (assuming they attended, a few did not send anyone). I personally just don't want to post anything regarding the details on the forum myself as some interpretation and arguments are bound to happen and I want nothing to do with them on this topic.

For anyone who is confused about what we're talking about or hasn't heard yet some players were banned from the game two days ago for exploiting. Aside from explaining what happened, how they found it, and why they banned them at the council meeting GW said they will be sending an email and making a post once they are content to leave the bans in place and have done their due diligence internally and with regard to NewCorp.

Well written.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Gagnrath

Stated and discussed with settlement leadership representatives which could be anyone named by a settlement's leadership. Some that were here during Alpha and some that were not.

I can understand that some do not like the idea behind chats and discussions between the Game Devs/Owners and Settlement Leaders(or their Stand Ins), but it's a good way to get a pulse or discuss an issue without 1750 people in the same room trying to talk.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Huran
Bringslite
Gagnrath

Stated and discussed with settlement leadership representatives which could be anyone named by a settlement's leadership. Some that were here during Alpha and some that were not.

I can understand that some do not like the idea behind chats and discussions between the Game Devs/Owners and Settlement Leaders(or their Stand Ins), but it's a good way to get a pulse or discuss an issue without 1750 people in the same room trying to talk.

Yup, and I know at least our settlement leader posts minutes of each outlaw council meeting on our internal forums so the populace in our group is continually in the loop. I am sure other settlements do the same, another reason to be part of an active settlement.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Midnight
I hate the concept of the Outlaw Council and I hope that eliminating it is the FIRST thing that NewCorp does.

We paid good money to crowdforge this game, and having 99% of us left out of the discussions is basically another breach of what we were promised in the marketing.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
???
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Edam
Midnight
I hate the concept of the Outlaw Council and I hope that eliminating it is the FIRST thing that NewCorp does.

We paid good money to crowdforge this game, and having 99% of us left out of the discussions is basically another breach of what we were promised in the marketing.

Having been involved in a few startup games over the years my honest personal opinion is crowdforging and the open communication that has gone on is probably the major reason for the bad PR and negativity. In all of the previous games attempts to get players involved simply resulted in a sense of entitlement followed by tantrum throwing when their pet ideas were not implemented and eventually a lot of "take my bat and ball and go the trash game on other forums" behavior.

If I ever had the misfortune to be running a gaming company I think I would personally be implementing a non disclosure agreement for all beta testers (paid or not) and make it very clear I actually need testers not 2000 amateur unpaid game designers and concept artists.

Just saying smile
Decius
Not everyone can attend the discussions where information is distributed to the community. The settlement leaders and their designated agents should be able to distribute information downwards while keeping the meetings from degenerating into utter chaos.
Bringslite
Midnight

I don't know if there has ever been any crowdforging, anywhere, so far. Not really at least as I have understood it in concept. Certainly I can tell you that none of the "Outlaw Council" meetings have been crowdforging sessions.

They are limited in participation(I believe for good reason) and seem(to me) to be more like "temperature taking" situations. Nothing discussed there is ever verboten. We are free to share the goings on with any and all, and good Settlement reps do that. So what is the problem?

Edit: I forgot that gnomes were chosen as the next race to be added to the game sometime back in the kickstarter.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post