Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Player Suspensions and Bans

Midnight
Newsflash:

Alpha Aristocracy supports heirarchy.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
To be fair, given how most of our crowdforging threads go, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to have one guy from each settlement represent them and get the news out to everyone else.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Lucius
Don't ya ever get tired of being contrary and bitter about everything?

Fer Crowdforging they used a multiprong approach already! They've done a vote, polling surveys, that issue site thing way back for awhile, forum conversations, and a tiny bit in the council thing. What did ya expect crowdforging was gonna be? Every single thing put to some huge community vote? Cause that would have made ya happy if a vote didn't go yer way? Or hell how do ya guarantee significant participation or avoid multiboxers not rocking the vote over people just quitting quietly when things change? And does basing everything on popular opinion sound like a brilliant plan?

It's almost like they might have thought that out a bit and realized a layered approach is the best solution! Course I suppose that's unlikely cause from yer point of view they're idiots who can't be trusted and yer the genius that knows how to save us all from our own stupidity!

What do ya think the council thing is doing? They get talked at and get to have a little Q/A and feedback, sure as hell easier to have a direct conversation with 20 to 30 people than hundreds or eventually thousands. I would hope yer leadership represents yer views or if they don't ya get someone there that does. What did yer leadership say after they went? Oh wait they didn't bother going or sending anyone. Sounds like the problem isn't the rest of us but yerself or yer own house.
Midnight
Paddy Fitzpatrick
To be fair, given how most of our crowdforging threads go, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to have one guy from each settlement represent them and get the news out to everyone else.

I didn't pay to be "represented".

If you like it, enjoy it.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Lucius

Fer Crowdforging they used a multiprong approach already! They've done a vote, polling surveys, that issue site thing way back for awhile, forum conversations, and a tiny bit in the council thing. What did ya expect crowdforging was gonna be? Every single thing put to some huge community vote? Cause that would have made ya happy if a vote didn't go yer way? Or hell how do ya guarantee significant participation or avoid multiboxers not rocking the vote over people just quitting quietly when things change? And does basing everything on popular opinion sound like a brilliant plan?

It's almost like they might have thought that out a bit and realized a layered approach is the best solution! Course I suppose that's unlikely cause from yer point of view they're idiots who can't be trusted and yer the genius that knows how to save us all from our own stupidity!

What do ya think the council thing is doing? They get talked at and get to have a little Q/A and feedback, sure as hell easier to have a direct conversation with 20 to 30 people than hundreds or eventually thousands. I would hope yer leadership represents yer views or if they don't ya get someone there that does. What did yer leadership say after they went? Oh wait they didn't bother going or sending anyone. Sounds like the problem isn't the rest of us but yerself or yer own house.

Everyone has things they do and don't want to see happen when NewCorp takes over. I mentioned one of mine.

I never claimed to know how to save anyone from their own stupidity.

I simply want to participate in the crowdforging I paid to participate in.

Bitter? Well, at least disappointed when I don't get what was marketed to me.

By the way, you have little clue how many settlements my accounts belong to.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Midnight
Paddy Fitzpatrick

I didn't pay to be "represented".

If you like it, enjoy it.

Dude I'm not even on this thing and I really don't give a shit either way. This don't seem like some PFO Illuminati type stuff, so…why should this matter to me?

Of all the complaints I've ever had about this game, some meeting where the devs talked to settlement leaders that I heard all about from said leaders the next day ain't high on my list.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Lucius
Midnight
Lucius

Everyone has things they do and don't want to see happen when NewCorp takes over. I mentioned one of mine.

I never claimed to know how to save anyone from their own stupidity.

I simply want to participate in the crowdforging I paid to participate in.

Bitter? Well, at least disappointed when I don't get what was marketed to me.

By the way, you have little clue how many settlements my accounts belong to.

Explain what precisely ya thought crowdforging was gonna be? How are ya participating any less than the rest of us? Do ya think the only crowdforging that has occurred was the gnome vote or sumthin? Are ya claiming none of yer apparent many settlement leaders represent ya or arent participating in the council part of things?

Explain yerself if ya want to be understood cause it looks like yer shaking yer fist at everyone and acting just a wee bit condescending. What did ya expect and how did ya think it was gonna work and why the hell would it be better?
Midnight
It is very simple.

I would no sooner allow another player to crowdforge for me than I'd allow them to play my character for me.

If you're content with letting others crowdforge for you, then enjoy.

I've made it clear that I don't desire a layer of "representation" between me and the company taking my money.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Midnight
It is very simple.

I would no sooner allow another player to crowdforge for me than I'd allow them to play my character for me.

If you're content with letting others crowdforge for you, then enjoy.

I've made it clear that I don't desire a layer of "representation" between me and the company taking my money.
Great. If you don't want to get information disseminated through social structures, you don't want to. Most of the actual crowdforging has taken place in the forums by amateur and semipro designers interacting with the developers on discussions of how the design could be better. One very concrete result of that was the "charging" versions of cleric orisons, based on the competing desires that clerics should be able to heal in pitched combat but that heals should typically be touch range. On a longer time scale, the concept of friendly fire has developed over time from early input (mostly from tt gamers) that throwing aoe attacks should require considering ally locations, to the current system which is more MMO-standard. Once it is possible to identify friendly targets at a glance, I hope to bring up the idea of indiscriminate aoe attacks again.
Smitty
The longer it is stretched out the more of an issue this is..

I have no issue with some folks being involved in a council - but the issue is I can not listen/read to anything that happened there. Everything I learn is second , third and fourth hand.. Normally I would expect some sort of communication from GW to let me know hey we talked about ____ on this day.. you can read view etc what we discussed .. etc

What doesn’t settle with me well is this is taking too long for an official statement, I understand GW wanting to keep newCorp in the loop - but in this instance, I don’t care what the investors say - if GW feels strongly enough to ban __ accounts for blatant cheating.. stand by that decision. That behavior will do more harm no matter what new corp thinks.. unless they are going to say that behavior is condoned ( in which case ill probably move along to something else), GW did the right thing.. Make this official .. Send out the details..

The longer between what the council meeting and word to all the players .. The more issues people will have with a select invited few folks knowing details of what went on long before the player base at large .. And the closer we get to , my cousin heard from a friend of a friend

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post