Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Gaining Reputation

Brighthaven Leader
Essentially, with what I was suggesting if you have low rep you would be capped between 5-20/day no matter what you rep rate is, until you hit 0 and your base rep/hour goes to 1. While when your in the positive its based on your rep/hour.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Valkenr
I don't think there needs to be any boost, if a town wants to cater to new players, they need to set a lower rep threshold. In my thread on the other board about the long training durations, everyone is talking about how they like the long wait, why does rep gain need to be boosted?

The longer it takes to get high rep, and the faster it can go away, the more value it has.
Stephen Cheney
Decius
I think that currently AoE effects don't trigger rep loss when they hit party members.
This is the intent of the system. Hitting someone with an AoE is the same as hitting them directly, except with the special case that we waive rep loss/flagging on hitting party members.
Kitsune
Stephen Cheney
Decius
I think that currently AoE effects don't trigger rep loss when they hit party members.
This is the intent of the system. Hitting someone with an AoE is the same as hitting them directly, except with the special case that we waive rep loss/flagging on hitting party members.

Of course, this will still be abused. Players will party up with newbs, just so that they can kill them without any penalties. "Just sayin'…"
Stephen Cheney
The consequences of accepting a blind invite are always many and varied, no matter your MMO. Usually it's a mistake you only make once in your whole career in MMOs. Sometimes, that's because you were playing City of Heroes and got friend recalled into a place you can't get out of without GM assistance.

Our intent is that you should be able to drop the team and immediately your attackers start taking rep hits again. But you may have to be fast on the leave party button if you've wandered into an ambush searching for new friends.
Jane Snow
Im still confused why healing got me -7k rep lol.

*Ponders the meaning of life*
"Y'know, I thought you might be some sort of sorcery savant, but it turns out you're just a brat – and you're about to get spanked… " - Zatanna Zatara
T: @Bonnekerz | F: /Janeislicious | bonny@goblinworks.com
Valkenr
Janeislicious

Bandages were too tight, circulation was cut off, limbs were lost…
Nihimon
I'm guessing you were healing folks who had the aggressor flag.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Jane Snow
Valkenr Darkaal
Janeislicious

HAHAHAH Sorry guys! Next time Brutus DIES!!!! In a fire!!!!
"Y'know, I thought you might be some sort of sorcery savant, but it turns out you're just a brat – and you're about to get spanked… " - Zatanna Zatara
T: @Bonnekerz | F: /Janeislicious | bonny@goblinworks.com
Decius
Janeislicious
Valkenr Darkaal
Janeislicious

HAHAHAH Sorry guys! Next time Brutus DIES!!!! In a fire!!!!
I died in a fire several times last time! Often it was a fire set by one of the "helping" people who later complained about having low reputation afterwards.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post