Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Lost Feat

Nihimon
leigh
Can characters decide that they do not want to be linked to a settlement?

All Characters belong to a Settlement. If you don't belong to a Player Settlement, then you'll be assigned to an NPC Settlement. NPC Settlements will only Support Level 8 Training.

leigh
Are the feats that are effected only crafting feats or combat feats?

All Feats require Support.

[Edit] Edited to correct the Support provided by NPC Settlements.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Smendor
Crowdforged: PC Settlements that choose to hold Towers will gain 1 level of TRAINING capability for every 3 Towers they hold. Training to 10th level will require a PC Settlement to hold 3 Towers. Right now, 10th Rank in the Role achievements is the furthest characters should be able to reach based on the max XP they have been able to earn. We estimate that 11th Rank characters will begin to appear in a month to a month and a half, and 12th Rank characters in about 3 months.

As you can see the update notes say training. There is nothing by design about taking all skills from a person if they for example move towns.

I consider this to be astronomically stupid if it is by design. I assume this is a bug.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
leigh
Can characters decide that they do not want to be linked to a settlement? This seems like a major negative. Once towers are lost the characters are weakened. So regaining them would be very difficult.

Are the feats that are effected only crafting feats or combat feats?

All feats, combat, crafting, gathering and passive support.

As for the concern for unexpected and immediate loss of skill levels already trained, that has been a concern expressed before. The response was that there would be a grace period, but that apparently isn't in place (yet?).

Personally I agree, it is a major turn off and the cries will be greatest by those who lose a settlement and are sent scrabbling to find a new settlement and probably companies to join to regain access to what they have already trained. This will make it virtually impossible to ever recapture your former settlement.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Smendor
I will just wait for an update from someone from goblinworks to tell me if this is a bug or not.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
VonGonda
I will just wait for an update from someone from goblinworks to tell me if this is a bug or not.

It is not a bug, it is by design. If you do not want to lose access to trained skills you have to make sure your settlement is in a position to supply them or find a new settlement that can. Once there, you have to make sure they can continue to support your levels.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Smendor
No, I will lose all of my skill if this is by design aka I will not be playing any longer because it is a an asinine concept.
Nihimon
VonGonda
There is nothing by design about taking all skills from a person if they for example move towns.

This particular blog doesn't explain Training and Support, but they've been in the design for a while.

Settlement Cross-training - allowable?:

Stephen Cheney
Alright, here's the short(ish) overview. None of this is actually implemented yet, so the details or even larger parts of it may change closer to the time it becomes available.

There are two types of buildings related to training: actual training structures and training support buildings.

The training structure accrues training as previously described. You go to it, select a feat that's available to train and that you meet the prereqs for, and pay XP to learn it (plus any cash price the building owner has set on it). These training structures are either large buildings that train multiple roles worth of feats, or medium buildings that are more focused on one role or set of general feats. They also count as a training support building for everything they can potentially train (which increases as you upgrade the building).

Training support buildings are small buildings that replicate the training of a larger building, but only for purposes of maintaining that training. Since they're small, they're much cheaper to build and easier to fit into your settlement. Like the big buildings, what they can support increases as you upgrade them. Think of them as refresher annexes, without the staff to actually train you but with reference materials to keep your skills sharp (though I don't know what form the buildings will actually take… might be something more abstract like a statue). Certain PoIs can also be upgraded to count as support buildings for certain types of training (and to train skills outright).

If you are a member of a settlement, you gain training support for all the buildings the settlement has. If you are a member of a company, you gain training support for anything supported by their PoI. If you are not a member of either, you are supported by whichever NPC city you default to (which will support all Tier 1 and some Tier 2).

Whenever your membership situation changes (you change membership, leave a settlement, major change in settlement buildings, settlement destroyed, etc.), you start a month timer. At the end of that timer, any traits not supported by your current settlement are temporarily downgraded to whatever is supported by your current membership (keep in mind that you can always default to Tier 1 training via NPC cities).

You don't lose these traits, they're just inaccessible/unslottable until you once again have membership somewhere that supports them, at which point they are immediately reactivated. And you're at full effect for a month after losing access to give you time to land somewhere that does support them.

So, long answer short, you can cross-train between settlements. One settlement builds the smaller and cheaper support buildings and then relies on the other settlement to actually build the full structures that add the traits in the first place. And even if your current settlement doesn't support the training you're buying somewhere, it might be a good way to sell yourself to a settlement that does (e.g., "I'm a Tier 3 Fighter and would like to join your settlement, because I hear you support that training."smile.

I believe that it's set up so a full size settlement that's devoted to it can support basically all training (but only train certain pieces of it), but I'd need to check with Tork when he's back in the office tomorrow.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Ryan Dancey
The rules today:

Trainer level and Feat ranks do not correlate. They are arbitrarily assigned by the developers. A "10th level Trainer" might train 15 ranks of a Feat. Trainer level roughly correlates to Role Achievement ranks - an 8th level Wombat Trainer would provide the ranks of Feats necessary to get the 8th rank of a Wombat Role Achievement.

Once you learn a Feat, it must be supportd by your Settlement. If your Settlement doesn't support it, the Feat is disabled and does not affect your character (but you still have it and don't have to learn it again). As soon as you become a member of a Settlement that supports it, you get it back.

Settlements support all Trainers of the Settlement's level (see below). So even if you train a Feat at another Settlement because yours doesn't have that trainer, your Settlement's level of support applies.

If you leave a Settlement you become de facto a member of the NPC Settlements. They support Feats that require level 8 Trainers.

If you are a member of a Settlement that holds fewer than 3 towers, you get the support of 9th Level Trainers.

If you are a member of a Settlement that holds 3 or more Towers, you get support for 10th level or higher Trainers, depending on how many Towers are held.
Ryan Dancey
As soon as possible you will only be able to train in your Settlement or a Settlement with a formal alliance. Today you can train anywhere. We do not have an eta on that system.

We envision at least 3 iterations on this system. We do not have an eta on these iterations.

1: Support will have a cooldown. If you leave a Settlement, you will contine to have full access to your Feats for some period.

2: Settlements will be able to provide support for Feats they cannot train.

3: Some Holdings may provide support for some Feats, so Companies may have different levels of Support than the Settlements provide their members. The canonical idea is a bandit Hideout that would let characters support Rogue Feats at high Ranks even when the characters in the Company that controls that Hideout are in Settlements that cannot support them.
Doc
Maybe a feature to add to the list, is to say on the tooltip for the feats what level/type of trainer is needed to support that feat.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post