Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Lost Feat

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
"You don't lose these traits, they're just inaccessible/unslottable until you once again have membership somewhere that supports them, at which point they are immediately reactivated. And you're at [b{full effect for a month after losing accessto give you time to land somewhere that does support them."

1. Semantics (or BS) in some people's view. If you lose access due to no fault of tort own, but you like the company or settlement you are with or due to eventual alignment system there is no other alternative to go to, you are SOL.

2. The delay in loss of access is not implemented, it is immediate.

The only solace to this in the short term is that this immediate loss of access will likely end with the end if the WoT. After that the only way to lose access is to leave your company / Settlement or if your settlement is conquered (a long way off for this to be in game).
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Caldeathe Baequiannia
VonGonda
No, I will lose all of my skill if this is by design aka I will not be playing any longer because it is a an asinine concept.
The design can be frustrating, but it might help to understand the background. Requiring support for characters is one part of the built-in anti-griefing mechanisms. It interferes with people training high, then going rogue and killing anyone they want whenever they feel like it.

Eventually, leaving the settlement will only trigger the start of a cool-down before your skills are lost (possibly a month, possibly less), to give you time to find a new settlement if you have a fight with the leadership and are kicked out. Because that is not implemented fully, at the moment as soon as you don't have settlement support, you lose the ability to use those higher level features.

The War of Towers is an effort to start a long process of building the system, and is temporary. Many of the things it does are a problem for settlements at the moment, but those things will improve soon.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
coach
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
VonGonda
I will just wait for an update from someone from goblinworks to tell me if this is a bug or not.

It is not a bug, it is by design. If you do not want to lose access to trained skills you have to make sure your settlement is in a position to supply them or find a new settlement that can. Once there, you have to make sure they can continue to support your levels.

so are we headed to eventually two kingdoms duking it out? … That we be neat we could call one The Empire and the other The Rebellion!!!

maybe i'll still join the Hutts

serious question now, when even higher training comes into play won't PCs who want the highest level of training just start leaving, what are the training rules once WoT ends?
coach
Ryan Dancey
The plan is that Settlements will not be able to Train everyone in everything to the highest levels. They will be forced to specialize. So no one Settlement will be "the best".

The Alliance mechanic will enable people to train at other Settlements. How the Alliance mechanic iterates over time will be Crowdforged. Clearly we don't want a situation where two Settlements right next to each other train everyone in everything to the highest levels. How many Settlements will be needed to reach that state? Unknown. What will be the cost mechanism to form and sustain an Alliance? Unknown. What restrictions will be placed on Settlements that wish to form an Alliance? Unknown.

These are all dials that can be adjusted to make it harder or easier to make an Alliance move closer to or further away from "ultimate" status. Ideally we want no Alliance to reach "ultimate" status. That will force meaningful choices on the community. Ideally we want several Alliances to be roughly equal in terms of what they offer players. That will give people choices. Ideally we want to make the advantage to being in an Alliance not so powerful that failing to be in one prohibits a group from achieving meaningful objectives in the game.
coach
i guess my point is are we playing EE under training/utilizing feat/rank restrictions designed for OE when multiple thousands or even multiple tens of thousands play, when now we only have hundreds?
coach
Elorebaen
Support tied to Settlements is a BIG plus, and I hope it never changes.
Smendor
I will give it 24-48 hours. At this time due to the support function I will not be playing the game any longer, but I will give it some time to think about it.

If I pay 15$ US for something I will have something until it is stolen, I die, I commit a felony, or some other action. I personal consider this game mechanic to be theft. Really it is more of a short term interest free loan, that requires conformity. The function removes the individual liberty of the player. I think you can come up with a better method to control the power curve.

I am sorry I did not see this game function from the start.

I must have the freedom to leave my current settlement and not be punished for it. Example: I want to start my own town O waiting I can no longer kill low level bandits, mine much of anything, craft much of anything, and even better you just lost your high level encumbrance feat so you cannot even move your own gear to a new town.
Ryan Dancey
@VonGonda: Hard is fun.
Smendor
To each their own 3 accounts lost if I do not change my mind.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Ryan Dancey
@VonGonda: Hard is fun.

To think, I get accused of being condescending and dismissive. I doubt it will be pointed out in your case Ryan. You should be mindful of this concern expressed by this customer, he is not alone in his opinion and it will rise to a much larger outcry the first time a settlement is lost.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post