Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Reverting to 3.x Sunday 22 February

Ryan Dancey
Players,

We've made the decision to revert the game to the 3.x build while we investigate the problem with excessive monster densities.

I will continue to update this thread with more information as I have it.

You will need to re-patch your installation before you will be able to play today.

You will not lose any accumulated XP, Feats you may have trained nor will you lose any items that you crafted or looted.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Thanks, Ryan.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Sir John Cabot
I loved all the monsters! Stealth and then pick off groups of 2s. I gathered extensively in 6hexes with narry a problem. But fix away for the faint of heart. *jk*smile
Cabot Cartography : "Mapping the resources of the River Kingdoms"
Unaligned, nonpolitical, currently based out of Canis Castrum.
WWW.cabotcartography.blogspot.com
Hobson Fiffledown
If we play today and re-patch 3.x, will that erase/overwrite all of the 4.1 files that were downloaded? Would not playing today make for a smaller download when the patch goes back in (Monday-ish)? Just thinking data caps, and "hanging patcher" wariness after my 4 hour hiccup yesterday.
This space for rent.
Oldtimer
When I attempt to patch I get an error message that says the patcher has stopped working. smile
Ryan Dancey
My guess is that we will have to have everyone "re patch" to 4.x when we upgrade back to that release. There's a good chance that we'll have to make client-side changes that will necessitate an upgrade and I suspect that our patcher isn't flexible enough to know how to do a partial upgrade from whatever is there now to whatever will be there then. This is not my speciality though so I am just making somewhat informed speculation.
Smeltbane
Ryan Dancey
You will not lose any accumulated XP, Feats you may have trained nor will you lose any items that you crafted or looted.
Including the feats that didn't exist before the update? I trained all my Gorum Two Handed Sword Feats in addition to both channeling feats (Because, Gorum is CN and can use BOTH)
Xilanthus
Oldtimer
When I attempt to patch I get an error message that says the patcher has stopped working. smile

I too am getting the "Patcher has Stopped Working" message.
- Lord Xilanthus of Blackwood Glade
Xilanthus Narthingad - Follower of Sarenrae
Member of the Disciples of the Everlight, based in Tavernhold
My Paizo PM
Ravenlute
Successfully back in game. It hung up on Textures.pig for a good while, took about 30 minutes altogether to finish the re-patch.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Xilanthus
jcanup42
Oldtimer

I too am getting the "Patcher has Stopped Working" message.
- Lord Xilanthus of Blackwood Glade
The error I am getting is:

An unhandled exception ('System.IO.IOException'smile occurred in Patcher.exe [9184].
Xilanthus Narthingad - Follower of Sarenrae
Member of the Disciples of the Everlight, based in Tavernhold
My Paizo PM

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post