Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Divine Melee Attacks Should be Wisdom Based

Caldeathe Baequiannia
You've got'ta have faith.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Avari
My worry is that this might force too many Evangelists of Abadar.
Smeltbane
If our Weapon Feats are going to end up requiring Strength (in the form of the Weapon Proficiencies requiring it) then we need to get FULL strength bonuses from the feats, not half Strength half Wisdom.
deisum
There are no Strength or Wisdom bonuses. Attribute scores serve no function besides Feat requirements.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
deisum
There are no Strength or Wisdom bonuses. Attribute scores serve no function besides Feat requirements.
There are bonuses to those stats for taking those feats.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Gog
deisum

What Drake is talking about is the attribute bonus for training the attack. Training a standard mace attack provides a bonus to strength. Training a clerical mace attack provides the same amount of bonus split between strength and wisdom.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
deisum
Ahh, that makes much more sense. I haven't actually look at the numbers.
HowardWdW
So I have trained 4 Cleric Sword feats to Rank 3 and one to Rank 2. I have some Fighter attacks trained also. I am Cleric 7/Fighter 4. I have strength 10.32. Are these Cleric attacks boosting strength? To get Rank 4 I need strength 11. It would appear I will need to craft armor or weapons in order to get any significant boost in strength or I must train a bunch of fighter melee attacks (I think Ryan previously said 20 to Rank 3 total to reach STR 11). I still think this is wrong and the attacks should be Wisdom based.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post