Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Making player camps more useful

Brighthaven Leader
So, lets look at some math first:

Player Bought Base Camp = Tier 2/Restores 600 Power
Player Bought Small Holding = Tier 3/Restores 800 Power

Player Made Camps = Tier 1/Restores 15-30(+0-+3 Basic), 21-45(+0-+3 Simple), 30-60(+0-+3 Austere)
Player Made Camps = Tier 2/Restores 55-100(+0-+3 Rustic), 90-150 (+0-+3 Traditional), 130-220(+0-+3 Orderly)
Player Made Camps = Tier 3/Restores 265-475(+0-+3 Plush), 400-700(+0-+3 Magnificent), 565-1000(+0-+3 Royal)

So, first off, these can only ever be used once every 4 hours. With the amount of Base Camps and Small Holdings that we are going to be seeing in game the usefulness of player made camps is going to decrease. Not to mention that its so much more cost effective to just go back to town than use anything in tier 1.

Now, if you compare the amount of power that the base camp/small holding gets to player made camps, its a little over whelming. They are basically the 2nd best and best camps in the game, which is another hit against player made camps. I realize these are purchables, but there is an issue here.. I propose one of two solutions.

#1: Change it so that Base Camps/Small Holdings have their own timer, and that Player Made Camps have a separate timer.

#2: Reduce the amount of power restored by Base Camps to 200 and Small Holdings to 400.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The only player deployable structures we've seen at this point are camps. This math is presuming that there won't be recipes for any other buildings in the future, which seems unlikely. At the very least, I'm assuming we will still be able to build taverns (which will restore infinite power over time to anyone that contacts them) and smallholdings in our settlements (in addition to our assorted holdings outside the hex).
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyncale
Do not forget that the basecamps and smallholdings are much less "portable" then the playermade stuff. You have to carefully pick you spot for your basecamp or Smallhold and use it as a base of operation for days if not weeks/months(especially for Smallholdings that got stuff in them). You can only deploy them once every 15 days, and breaking them down takes a day too.

So I think the power-restoration values for the playerbought stuff is fine.

However, I do think the power-restore for Tier 1 is way too low. I think 2.5x the value for Tier 1 camps, 1.5 for T2 camps and 1.2 for the T3. These camps use a lot of resources to make too, even though you make them in batches of 10.

I got a powerpool of at least 200 at the end of tier 1 and I was not even wearing caster armor. Casters are probably closer to 300 at the end of tier 1. So 60 for the best T1 camp is too low imo.

With these low values I do see a lot of customers for the Inns in the Wilds though. smile And that is always a good thing in my book. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Doc
Can you deploy basecamps/smallholdings into Monster Hexes, Monster Homes?

It seems to me those locations will be the main place that power regen will be needed.
Gog
Doc
Can you deploy basecamps/smallholdings into Monster Hexes, Monster Homes?

No.

^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Brighthaven Leader
@Cal
I wasn't presuming anything, this is what we have, and that is the math they have given us. Also, what you say makes a good case why the current system needs to be changed.

@Tyncale
I didn't forget the portability, would you rather:

A) Throw down something to give you 100 power, because its in a better position OR
B) Run somewhere else and gain 4-8x times the amount of power (or use a Tavern)

Now, remember, you are barred for the next 4 hours from using anything, but taverns. Most people aren't going to waste resources on a paltry 15-100 power regen, when they have better options. However, I do agree with you, the power regen for some of the player made stuff is way too low.

I would make the absolute minimum 50.

TIER 1 - 50/77/99/132/195/255, 70/104/132/188/255/331, 90/132/165/234/315/408
TIER 2 - 130/181/220/305/405/518, 170/231/275/377/495/629, 210/280/330/448/585/739
TIER 3 - 290/374/429/572/735/918, 370/467/528/695/885/1,096, 450/561/627/819/1,035/1,275

I based this on a linear progression of:

50+(20/+1), 70+(25/+1), 90+(30/+1)
130+(35/+1), 170+(40/+1), 210+(45/+1)
290+(50/+1), 370+(55/+1), 450+(60/+1)

Increased the value by 10% of +1/+2, 30% for +3, 50% for +4, and 70% for +5 considering how many resources it takes to actually get each plus up.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Hoffman
So the other thing I would think is that camps should last longer as we go up tiers. I.e. 10 minutes tier 1, 20 tier 2, 30 tier 30, etc.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.
Doc
If you could deploy player crafted campfires into Monster Hexes (where purchaseable base camps and small holdings cannot go) then they would instantly be very valuable to players, since I suspect those types of hexes are where the vast majority of power expenditure occurs on a daily basis.
Brighthaven Leader
Doc, would you use them currently with a 4 hour cool down in a Monster Hex, or would you run somewhere (possibly right outside of the hex) to get something that is 4-8x better?

I just can't justify using up vast amounts of resources for such a paltry amount of power. I mean when you get into how much time and money we would spend, buying a base camp is so much cheaper.

As I see player made camps, they are mostly good for PvP, but since everyone can use them, its a bit of a double edge sword, that requires then babysitting for 10+ mins.
Yrme
Cheatle for TEO
Doc, would you use them currently with a 4 hour cool down in a Monster Hex, or would you run somewhere (possibly right outside of the hex) to get something that is 4-8x better?

Both?

Why not use the camp when you first drop below 50% power, then go to a tavern when you next need power? Running takes time, which is time not spent doing the activity you are out there to do.

On the other hand, going back to a tavern to bank often makes sense, and the group might as well power up at the same time.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post