Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Achievement counts

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Copying from Paizo, as I think the point has great merit.

KotC - Erian El'ranelen
My primary complaint with the Wizard at present is the arcane achievements, as noted. They are few and far between. I'm about to go sit in a starter hex and farm goblins, because I need to kill another 550 creatures to hit Arcane Expert. Why waste the time doing that on challenging targets when I get the same benefit from 0-levels. I would very much like it if the level of monsters played some factor into counting them for achievements–an Ogre Chief should count for more than a Bandit Recruit.
Excellent distillation of the problem. A cap on starter goblins counting for all achievements might also be a good thing. Their special status of rapid respawn makes them a form of exploit, really.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Yrme
After EE4.x arrives, Erian will be able to get arcane weapon achievements for party kills.

As to goblins, I think killing starter goblins is a waste of time. If anyone is desperate for weapon achievement points, it's probably a more productive use of their time to clear a mini- or low Tier 1 escalation. I got something like 150 recipes when I farmed the old starter goblins. Those recipes still drop in the wilderness when I clear white and yellow mobs in escalations.

While the rapid respawn of goblins may make them an excellent source for weapon achievements per hour and goblin kills per hour, thats all they do. It's not particularly productive. It's not a particularly good exploit; it's more like a penalty on people that won't go into the wilderness.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Doc
It's not a penalty on the player if you are able to get your weapon achievement points during a time period when you might not have normally been playing, ie. AFK farming of goblins while you are sleeping. So I disagree, it is incredibly productive.

From then on, you also benefit from having the choice as to whether you wish to farm AI mobs or just do other things. rather than being forced to engage AI mobs so that you can continue leveling up. If you don't enjoy farming AI mobs at all, then doing AFK farming of desperate goblins is ideal.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post