Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

No respawn points in tower hexes.

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Doc
Forcing people to have to fight over the towers is only "half the battle".
For now, it's all the battle. Towers are a not-at-all-good stand in for the real POIs. The mechanisms in place should mesh more usefully when there is stuff to be lost (resources) and every shrine you want to be able to bind to is taken from a very small pool. Spending any appreciable energy on removing a bunch of shrines that will probably need to be put back later is counterproductive except for the very small (and temporary) use of making the war of towers work better.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Having shrines in POI's that are intended to have open PvP is also a bad. This fix needs to go in long term where people expect PvP. There's no point in killing someone if they just respawn right in the battle and keep fighting. A smaller group will never be able to defeat a group that outnumbers it. It would be great if you always respawned 1 hex randomly away from your death, but since this may not be the long term mechanic. Just remove the shrines from towers hexes. There aren't that many, and the mechanic is already in place as there are no shrines in escalations.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Having shrines in POI's that are intended to have open PvP is also a bad.
Every hex that is not a monster/home hex will eventually be open Pvp at some point. Including settlement hexes. POI hexes are intended to have shrines. The War of Towers is temporary, and the removed shrines will have to be restored later.

I think a better answer is prioritizing soul binding, so that you have one or two options per character of where to rez.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Having shrines in POI's that are intended to have open PvP is also a bad.
Every hex that is not a monster/home hex will eventually be open Pvp at some point. Including settlement hexes. POI hexes are intended to have shrines. The War of Towers is temporary, and the removed shrines will have to be restored later.

I think a better answer is prioritizing soul binding, so that you have one or two options per character of where to rez.

Well the mechanic is bad for a bunch of different reasons right now. Problems are already developing that are causing people to leave the game like respawning right in the middle of a battle and getting killed immediately. So that's extremely vexing. Also it ruins what might be enjoyable PvP because if you kill someone they're back in 5 seconds. So that's making PvPers leave. Neither group is happy with the situation.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
You're right about the frustration, but my opinion is that the game needs to move quickly to a state where more people can see the future value. Maybe I'm wrong and is worth diverting energy into improving the war of towers, but I'm hoping it's closer to being over than people generally think. Unless it's current form will continue past May, I feel the developers should focus on new code that will endure. If they can implement your suggestion to remove a bunch of towers in 3 weeks (I'm guessing it's way too late for 5.0) or implement soul-binding in 5 weeks (only one or two active rez points per person) and have to put the towers back, then I feel like it's a no-brainer.
Doc
Unless it's current form will continue past May, I feel the developers should focus on new code that will endure.

At the current level of execution (every update breaks big features, requiring going back to fix stuff) I don't think any of the pre-existing timeframe estimates will hold. I think it is a sort of catch-22 here.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Yes. And I don't think there was a specific date, I'm just using May because I hope they are that close.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Bumping for a removal of shrines in tower hexes.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post