Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Disciples of the Everlight

Xilanthus
Disciples of the Everlight

Alignment: NG
Acceptable Alignments: LG, NG, CG, True Neutral
Home Settlement: Tavernhold
Patron Deity: Sarenrae

Who We Are
We are devoted followers of Sarenrae. The three prime tenants, taken from our sacred text "The Birth of Light and Truth", sums it up nicely…

• Let the healing light of the sun burn out the darkness within you.
  • Seek first to understand and redeem foes rather than immediately assume they are completely lost.
  • Let your inner light be a guide for others, and a searing flame against unrepentant evil.
For more information about Sarenrae, Click Here.

Purpose
The purposes of the Disciples of the Everlight are as follows:

1. Create a community of like minded characters who can share resources, skills and abilities for the betterment of all.
  2. Promote the worship of Sarenrae through your role-play, service and actions. This means that you should act according to your character's alignment and as a worshiper of Sarenrae.
  3. Rid the world of undead, demons and devils at every opportunity. They are void of light and beyond redemption.

Role Playing (RP)
There is no requirement to RP, but you will have much more fun if you do. Xilanthus is a heavy RP character and will try to stay in character most of the time. If you like RP, then please, come join us.

Player vs Environment (PvE)
We will help manage escalations in the region of our home and beyond, especially if it deals with undead or hell spawn. We will defend our holdings from bandits and hostile creatures. And, we will defend travelers on the road.

Player vs Player (PvP)
We will defend ourselves, our holdings, our allies and the innocent. But we will never initiate PvP, In fact, it is our calling to find peaceful resolutions to conflict where possible. Sarenrae teaches that even the most vile enemy can repent from the darkness and embrace the light.

Roles
We welcome all who worship Sarenrae. She is revered by commoners, artisan and nobles alike. Her healing light knows no boundaries. Throughout the River Kingdoms, Sarenrae is a very common good deity and the hope is to spin off several satellite companies in other settlements over time. But this company will operate as the "Home Office".

Leadership
Initially, the leadership will be only Xilanthus while we are very small. Once we reach 12 members, the leadership will be divided into three equal positions forming the Triad of Light.
The three positions will be:

• Grand Priest/Priestess of Sarenrae - Elected from among the clerics within the order.
  • Grand Mediator of Sarenrae - Elected from among the Lay members (non clergy/paladins).
  • Grand Knight of Sarenrae * - Elected from among the paladins within the order.
Elections will be held twice per real-life year and no leader may serve for two consecutive terms. This is to keep the leadership fresh and avoid burnout. The second place runner up for each election will be assigned as the assistant to their leader and may run for election again in the following term.

* Until the Paladin class becomes available, fighters will be elected into this position, provided they are being role-played as a paladin.

Who to Contact
In game, you can apply through the Company Interface (the right-most icon on the top left the game screen) by searching for Disciples of the Everlight, then clicking the "Apply to Join" button on the Company Details screen. You may also contact Xilanthus in game if he is online with the following in-game command:

/w Xilanthus, Tell me about the Disciples of the Everlight

Finally, you can ping me on the Paizo Forums at http://paizo.com/people/Urlord/pm.

Eventually, we will be setting up a guild website as well as potentially other forms of social media depending on what our members want and who is willing to help.
Xilanthus Narthingad - Follower of Sarenrae
Member of the Disciples of the Everlight, based in Tavernhold
My Paizo PM
Xilanthus
Below is a link to Xil's first sermon in Tavernhold…

http://www.tavernhold.com/forum/m/24039896/viewthread/20037492-gathering-at-temple
My Paizo PM
Bringslite
This looks really well thought out, Xilanthus! We have some members, in Ozem's Vigil, that revere Sarenrae. I hope that this takes off. It is just what this game needs to be attractive to a wider spectrum of people.

Let us (Ozem's Vigil) know if there is anything we can do to add to the success of this.

Bringslite
Devotee of Iomedae, Lady of Valor
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Xilanthus
Thank you Bringslite, I hope so too.
My Paizo PM
Xilanthus
From the sound of things, Deities will be coming pretty soon, so this is a good time to start thinking about which god your character will worship. For your benefit, I have listed the initial deities below to help you decide.

Any of you who are interested in following Sarenrae, please consider joining the company called the "Disciples of the Everlight".

Iomedae - Goddess of valor, rulership, justice, honor
Alignment: LG
Worshiper's Alignments: LG, LN, NG
Domains: Glory, Sun
Favored Weapon: Longsword

Abadar - God of cities, wealth, merchants, law
Alignment: LN
Worshiper's Alignments: LG, LN, LE, TN
Domains: Protection, Travel
Favored Weapon: Light Crossbow

Asmodeus - God of tyranny, slavery, pride, contracts
Alignment: LE
Worshiper's Alignments: LN, NE, LE
Domains: Fire, Trickery
Favored Weapon: Mace

Sarenrae - Goddess of the sun, redemption, honesty, healing
Alignment: NG
Worshiper's Alignments: LG, NG, CG, TN
Domains: Fire, Sun
Favored Weapon: Scimitar

Gozreh - Deity of nature, weather, the sea
Alignment: TN
Worshiper's Alignments: NG, LN, CN, TN, NE
Domains: Water, Weather
Favored Weapon: Trident

Norgorber - God of greed, secrets, poison, murder
Alignment: NE
Worshiper's Alignments: LE, NE, CE, TN
Domains: Charm, Trickery
Favored Weapon: Short Sword

Desna - Goddess of dreams, stars, travelers, luck
Alignment: CG
Worshiper's Alignments: NG, CG, CN
Domains: Luck, Travel
Favored Weapon: Starknife

Gorum - God of strength, battle, weapons
Alignment: CN
Worshiper's Alignments: CG, CN, CE, TN
Domains: Glory, Strength
Favored Weapon: Great Sword

Lamashtu - Goddess of madness, monsters, nightmares
Alignment: CE
Worshiper's Alignments: NE, CN, CE
Domains: Strength, Trickery
Favored Weapon: Falchion
My Paizo PM
Xilanthus
If you are a follower of Sarenrae, you should join this site: http://sarenrae.enjin.com/
My Paizo PM
Thimble Fiddlewinks
The Echo Woodsmen officially consider Disciples of the Everlight friends, and recommend this organization to any who would follow Sarenrae.
Check out The Echo Woodsmen! If you'd like to contact me you can email me at ThimbleFiddlewinks@gmail.com
Doc
@Xilanthus,

All heated discussions about PvP aside, you are a shining example of the type of player this game needs the most of. Nothing specific towards preference or aversion to PvP, but exemplary of someone who suffered a gameplay-related loss, but has sense proactively changed their fortunes and is now creating new content and organization for other players. Kudos
Xilanthus
Thimble Fiddlewinks
The Echo Woodsmen officially consider Disciples of the Everlight friends, and recommend this organization to any who would follow Sarenrae.

Thank you members of the Echo Woodsmen and the feelings are reciprocated..
My Paizo PM
Xilanthus
Doc
@Xilanthus,

All heated discussions about PvP aside, you are a shining example of the type of player this game needs the most of. Nothing specific towards preference or aversion to PvP, but exemplary of someone who suffered a gameplay-related loss, but has sense proactively changed their fortunes and is now creating new content and organization for other players. Kudos

Very kind words Doc. Instead of getting pissed off and quitting, I decided to do my best to prove that someone who doesn't like PvP at all can enjoy themselves and be useful to others in the game. Thanks for your support.
My Paizo PM

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post