Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

ATTN Settlement Leaders: Settlement Promotion in Sspitfire's Guide

Sspitfire1
The next iteration of my guide will have a Settlement section dedicated to explaining why players should join settlements and giving them a rundown on the various settlements in the game. The "rundowns," however, will not be penned by me. You'll need to write your own and submit them below, along with a web link or other contact information.

Each settlement gets a maximum of 200 words to describe their selves in an interesting, intriguing, and preferably RP-friendly way. While I have a preset idea of the order in which settlements will be listed, the quality of your submission for your settlement will influence where it falls in the final ordering. Be sure to include things like play style, alignment, classes/roles you welcome, and size (rounded to the nearest 5 players).

One exception: Empire of Xeilias (which covers 4 settlements in game and is the game's primary antagonist) gets 400 words but one entry. Rather than Golgatha, Aurural, Callembea, and Kreuz Bernstein each having entries scattered throughout the listings, EoX will get one, larger listing to catch its potential member's attention with. EoX's listing will be 2nd on the list.

PFU (Riverbank) will top the list.

Dedicated crafting settlements will have a separate list from non-crafting settlements.

The deadline is 2 weeks from the date of this posting, or March 18th at 23:59 EST. Failure to submit a posting means your settlement will not be included in the Settlement Listing for the guide. EDIT: This is a hard deadline. If your settlement misses it, the next update will not be for many months to come. Don't miss out!

If you are having trouble getting under the 200 word limit, I am happy to help for a fee of 1 gp.

EDIT: You can email me a square'ish banner for your settlement to include with your listing, if you would like. gale.windswet<at>gmail
Gog
Edit: Sspitfire has an awesome guide and has put a lot of work into it.

Also, I look forward to being able to actually delete a post.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Kadere
Will you only accept submissions from the settlement leaders? I'll send this on to our leader, but it'd be nice if I could write something up for Sunholm to be used in the case that he doesn't submit anything.
KitNyx
Sspitfire1
Each settlement gets a maximum of 200 words to describe their selves in an interesting, intriguing, and preferably RP-friendly way. While I have a preset idea of the order in which settlements will be listed, the quality of your submission for your settlement will influence where it falls in the final ordering. Be sure to include things like play style, alignment, and size.

One exception: Empire of Xeilias (which covers 4 settlements in game and is the game's primary antagonist) gets 400 words but one entry. Rather than Golgatha, Aurural, Callembea, and Kreuz Bernstein each having entries scattered throughout the listings, EoX will get one, larger listing to catch its potential member's attention with. EoX's listing will be 2nd on the list.

Can you explain your logic in deciding this is how it should be? Has the Empire of Xeilias requested this? Also, while I would agree Golgotha definitely a protagonist, antagonist seems a bit loaded and subjective; to them, EBA is probably the antagonist. I would think a guide (and posts requesting information for) should be from a neutral perspective.

Finally, as a suggestion, why not list all of the settlements and submitted information in one section of the document (alphabetically to avoid the perception of favoritism), kingdoms and their submitted description in another area (where you can list and link back to the respective settlements), and finally known alliances (if desired) in another. It just seems confusing and possibility even depreciating to combine different levels of social structures.

But, this is your guide, just curious. I am sure, like your previous guides, it will be spectacular no matter how you build it.
omnipotentseal
+1 Nyx.

While I appreciate the separate list for crafting settlements, the proposed list seems biased against growing settlements. Hope's End could be placed at the bottom, when subjectively weighed against larger settlements in EoX or EBA. What is the relevance of settlement size? I can understand play-style(s), alignment. Goblinworks did not even ask for settlement size for the official Settlements page.
Peace

omnipotentseal
Official Ambassador of Canis Castrum
Vrel Vusoryn
Size can be relevant for a number of reasons. Some folks like smaller settlements because they feel they can make a larger contribution that matters or because they feel they have a better chance of becoming a difference maker in that settlement. Others prefer larger settlements due to increased activity and the perception of greater security.

Those are just a few reasons why size matters to some. I don't see it as biased. Indeed, Sspitfire1 could have just made his guide and only included the settlements he wanted to include, and write up his own views of those settlements akin to Volo's Guide to the Forgotten Realms.

Instead he's giving the settlements a chance to put it in their own words and (most likely) placing their order based on how much effort is put into the description and giving extra consideration for those who present in a lore/RP way.
General of the Grey
Grey Guard

The Grey Guard is currently looking for adventurers and craftsfolk to join this lore based military company. Based in the great settlement of Phaeros and one of the military companies of the EBA alliance. Visit us today and learn how you can join! Once you register you will have access to the application form to join TSV(Phaeros) and, once accepted, then the Grey Guard.
Sspitfire1
Kitnyx, you read my post before I changed "protagonist" to "antagonist" smile That said, it is all a matter of perspective and EoX has 400 words to sell a new player on how they are the Evil do-gooder protagonists of the game.

Vrel has the right of it. I'm trying to limit personal bias while producing a list that is more useful than simple Alphabetical.

As to size, you can exclude it if you want; but that will count as a partial submission and knock you down a rung on the quality list. Size can be rounded to the nearest 5 players if you don't want to or cannot give exact numbers.

Also, a few additional edits added to the OP.
Sspitfire1
Kadere
Will you only accept submissions from the settlement leaders? I'll send this on to our leader, but it'd be nice if I could write something up for Sunholm to be used in the case that he doesn't submit anything.
Ah…… good point. Hopefully you can write something up and have the settlement leader submit it for you?
Kadere
Seems like pointless doublehandling. I'll just send to it you, and you can use it if Kel doesn't wake up in time. I'd only be reworking an existing summary anyway, its not like I'll be going off the beaten path.
KitNyx
Sspitfire1
Kitnyx, you read my post before I changed "protagonist" to "antagonist" smile That said, it is all a matter of perspective and EoX has 400 words to sell a new player on how they are the Evil do-gooder protagonists of the game.

Vrel has the right of it. I'm trying to limit personal bias while producing a list that is more useful than simple Alphabetical.

As to size, you can exclude it if you want; but that will count as a partial submission and knock you down a rung on the quality list. Size can be rounded to the nearest 5 players if you don't want to or cannot give exact numbers.

Also, a few additional edits added to the OP.

I am still confused as to why the EoX only gets one post. Are you suggesting each of their 4 settlements is identical in form, function, goals, backstory, etc…

No matter what they call themselves, Kingdoms are not in game…and as such, in realization, I don't see much difference between the EoX and EBA. Don't misunderstand me, I think there are many differences between the EBA and EoX, just not in any way that is relevant to game mechanics.

As such, your treatment of EoX vs EBA just smacks of minimizing EoX's presence. I really do not think that is your intent, I really do think you are trying to do what you think is the right thing…but I just don't get it. And I fear that from an outside perspective we appear to be reducing the neutrality of information that TSV has tried to maintain.

Maybe I misunderstand the intent of your guide, is it an EBA recruitment tool or is it something aimed at the wider PFO community, to assist new players in finding a settlement that fits their playstyle?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post