Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

ATTN Settlement Leaders: Settlement Promotion in Sspitfire's Guide

Sspitfire1
KitNyx
I am still confused as to why the EoX only gets one post. Are you suggesting each of their 4 settlements is identical in form, function, goals, backstory, etc…

No matter what they call themselves, Kingdoms are not in game…and as such, in realization, I don't see much difference between the EoX and EBA. Don't misunderstand me, I think there are many differences between the EBA and EoX, just not in any way that is relevant to game mechanics.

As such, your treatment of EoX vs EBA just smacks of minimizing EoX's presence. I really do not think that is your intent, I really do think you are trying to do what you think is the right thing…but I just don't get it. And I fear that from an outside perspective we appear to be reducing the neutrality of information that TSV has tried to maintain.

Maybe I misunderstand the intent of your guide, is it an EBA recruitment tool or is it something aimed at the wider PFO community, to assist new players in finding a settlement that fits their playstyle?
So lets just ask this question: Does EoX think it will be better served by one single, larger post or many smaller ones scattered throughout the listings?
KitNyx
Sspitfire1
KitNyx
I am still confused as to why the EoX only gets one post. Are you suggesting each of their 4 settlements is identical in form, function, goals, backstory, etc…

No matter what they call themselves, Kingdoms are not in game…and as such, in realization, I don't see much difference between the EoX and EBA. Don't misunderstand me, I think there are many differences between the EBA and EoX, just not in any way that is relevant to game mechanics.

As such, your treatment of EoX vs EBA just smacks of minimizing EoX's presence. I really do not think that is your intent, I really do think you are trying to do what you think is the right thing…but I just don't get it. And I fear that from an outside perspective we appear to be reducing the neutrality of information that TSV has tried to maintain.

Maybe I misunderstand the intent of your guide, is it an EBA recruitment tool or is it something aimed at the wider PFO community, to assist new players in finding a settlement that fits their playstyle?
So lets just ask this question: Does EoX think it will be better served by one single, larger post or many smaller ones scattered throughout the listings?

Certainly, and that is why the second question I asked in my first post was whether EoX wants that treatment. If they do, I revoke all objections.

Similarly, I am not saying you are wrong for suggesting this is how it should be done, I just do not understand the logic…I am sure you explaining to me (not that I think you are obligated to), would also lead to me revoking my objections.
Giorgio
Forgeholm is working on its submission.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Brighthaven Leader
Why not just do it alphabetical without including numbers?

The entries can sell themselves, all the other added stuff is just going to detract/pull people away from the smaller settlements.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Sspitfire1
Cheatle for TEO
Why not just do it alphabetical without including numbers?

The entries can sell themselves, all the other added stuff is just going to detract/pull people away from the smaller settlements.

As I mentioned before, it is about having a more meaningful sorting than simply alphabetical (or reverse alphabetical, Mr. Brighthaven? smile
Sspitfire1
I am dropping the settlement size requirement. Yall can just focus on the other bits and leave that out, if you want.
Sspitfire1
I have received submissions from Forgeholm, Tavernholm and Emerald Lodge- thank you all very much!

As to the rest of yall, you get 2 days (48 hours) to pull yourselves together give me something or forever be forgotten in the Unofficial PFO Guide. Chop chop!

"Each settlement gets a maximum of 200 words to describe their selves in an interesting, intriguing, and preferably RP-friendly way. While I have a preset idea of the order in which settlements will be listed, the quality of your submission for your settlement will influence where it falls in the final ordering. Be sure to include things like play style, alignment, and classes/roles you welcome."
Best,
Sspit
Deianira Sunstorm
Thanks for doing this, Sspitfire!

smile
Contact me on Paizo: Deianira
Ulf Stonepate
Sspitfire1
I have received submissions from Forgeholm, Tavernholm and Emerald Lodge- thank you all very much
Tavernhold
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I will likely get it to you by tomorrow, although PFU is also having a meeting on the 18th, and that will take away valuable, limited time.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post