Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

now drop the feat into the grayed-out slot.

Gog
When you pick up a feat from your feats window, the valid destinations on your paper doll or hotbar highlight. There's something off about the highlighting, though: my intuitive reaction every time is to see those highlighted slots and think "ok, that's where it doesn't go." Then I have to consciously remind myself "put in the grayed out slot."

Does anyone else get a reverse effect from the slot "highlighting", or is it just me? Honestly, I think it would be much more intuitive to leave the valid feat destinations alone and grey everything else out.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
KarlBob
The hotkey slots look grey to me, too. I agree, in most games I've played before, grey means "You can't put that here." I hope the next build will either reverse which slots turn gray, or highlight the correct slots with a different color.
Giorgio
Gray means no to me. It took a while to figure it means yes to PFO. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Mythius
I just ran into this issue yesterday. The highlighting could be made much more intuitive by a red/green color based on where certain feats can or cannot go.
Kitsune
Agreed, red/green would be great. But then what about colorblind people? The devs would need to consider this while selecting shades of green and red. Or whatever colors they choose.
Giorgio
@Kitsune,

A small letter "Y" and a small "N" in addition to any colors chosen?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Decius
Instead of grey, make it highlight with white?
Virgil Firecask
Sparkly green?
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Make everything else fill with an "X," or overlay a large check-mark on the acceptable slots?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Wyspr
A big neon arrow that bounces over the slots where it can be slotted? No?
shhh…

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post