Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

A few basic questions

SaintPhillip
-Hello, I was given a buddy key last night and logged in and thus far I like what I see. I plan to really take the time to see what this game offers and will probably end up being an actual customer rather than a freeloader by the end of my trial. =P

That said, I have a few basic questions. I am sure the answer could be found if I dug deeply enough but after a few 'in game' conversations and a brief look through the forums and FAQ- I cannot find an actual answer.

#1. Is this game going to be a sub game? No offence but if this is going to be "F2P" I might as well give up now. I can no longer afford these "free" games.

#2. Character wipe… Will there be one? If I invest a year into this game before the actual release, will my work be lost at launch day? This certainly isnt a deciding factor in my purchasing this game or not- It is something I would like to know, however.

#3. Owning Shops, Farms,homes, etc… Are these purchasable 'in game'(or is there a plan to have these items purchasable 'in game)? I see the packages for base camps and such and am wondering if this is the only way to have a home/farm/shop/whatever.

#3B- Assuming I would need to purchase a base camp or something- IF I started with the $50 package and later on wish to upgrade, can I do so easily? At all?

#4- Ca$h $hop- Even for cosmetic items. Will one exist, or rather, are there plans for one?

#5-On the issue of cosmetic items.Will there be lots of customization in this regard. I know the state of the game now(graphically and otherwise) is in a raw form and will be updated so I am ignoring the graphics and customization right now considering they are bare boned and will be changed- In the future however, is customization in terms of characters and clothing a priority?

Thats about all for now. Sorry if these have been answered before but…

I will add that I am a pathfinder fanatic . Ive played the tabletop for years - Its the TRUE 4th edition imho. I will admit the open world PVP isnt something I like since it seems to usually turn a "sandbox"into an arena gank-fest.However, thank god for the buddy key so I can review the systems in place and try to get an idea of how problematic (or awesome) your alignment system will work.

Thank you for your time and patience…
Bunibuni
Let's see if I can answer these:

1. This is a subscription game. Buddy token lets you play for 15 days free.

2. There will not be a character wipe. Your character and xp will be the same when the game goes live. Your settlement, though, will be trashed [or that's the plan right now] and you will have to rebuild it on Day 1 of the game going live.

3. Other than the items you can buy from GW's store for the game, right now, none of the others are available and probably won't be available for quite awhile, if at all.
3b. check the GW store as to what is available to purchase.
4 and 5 I can't answer.

Hope that helps smile
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
SaintPhillip
Bunibuni
Let's see if I can answer these:

1. This is a subscription game. Buddy token lets you play for 15 days free.

2. There will not be a character wipe. Your character and xp will be the same when the game goes live. Your settlement, though, will be trashed [or that's the plan right now] and you will have to rebuild it on Day 1 of the game going live.

3. Other than the items you can buy from GW's store for the game, right now, none of the others are available and probably won't be available for quite awhile, if at all.
3b. check the GW store as to what is available to purchase.
4 and 5 I can't answer.

Hope that helps smile
That helps very much- GREAT to know this will be a sub game. Thank you. =)
Azure_Zero
Answers:

1) Subscription

2) No Character Wipes, unless there is a very big screw up.

3) Some buildings are personal buildings, others are buildings made by the settlement, we do not have a complete list.
3B) you can upgrade anytime, base camp is not required, it is a luxury item, and luxury items are no upgradable at this point.

4) I think there are plans for cosmetic items for sale with Real money.

5) Can not answer, due to not having that information.

—————————————————

Currently the PVP is not bad. Currently the PVP is sparse in the West and North of the map.
I can understand not wanting the PVP, and even though I'm not Pro-PVP, I did find the two tower fights I was in fun.
Hoffman
I will add what I can. In addition to the above I would say cosmetic stuff is on the list (both for pay and not). Lee mentioned it as a potential way to get coin moving in the kingdoms.

If you want to know more about the game design, future, etc I would check out the Pathfinder a University keep side chats which are at http://YouTube.pathfinderuniversity.com. You would be particularly interested in the chats with Lisa Stevens and Lee a Hammock. If you follow pathfinder than Lisa needs no introduction and Lee is the lead game designer.
Pathfinder University Helping new players to enjoy the game.
Daily classes listed at http://classes.pathfinderuniversity.com - all are welcome.
Join Pathfinder University for your first 90 days in game.
Ryan Dancey
SaintPhillip
#1. Is this game going to be a sub game? No offence but if this is going to be "F2P" I might as well give up now. I can no longer afford these "free" games.

Currently you must pay for monthly game time. We expect more flexible options in the future but don't have etas for those options. We never expect to make the game "free to play".

#2. Character wipe… Will there be one?

No. We reserve the right to make changes as necessary for the good of the game but we are now in live operations, no character reversions are planned.

#3. Owning Shops, Farms,homes, etc… Are these purchasable 'in game'(or is there a plan to have these items purchasable 'in game)?

Structures that do some of the functions like those you have described are scheduled for inclusion in the short-term roadmap and will be generated by in-game actions, not purchased from the store.

#3B- Assuming I would need to purchase a base camp or something- IF I started with the $50 package and later on wish to upgrade, can I do so easily? At all?

Items purchased from the store are ala carte.

#4- Ca$h $hop- Even for cosmetic items. Will one exist, or rather, are there plans for one?

Yes. That's how you buy basecamps and smallholdings now, in the future it will have lots of items.

Our committment to the community is that items in the store will not be mechanically better than items that can be crafted in-game.

#5-On the issue of cosmetic items.Will there be lots of customization in this regard.

Yes.

is customization in terms of characters and clothing a priority?

No, other than the massive amount of content already in the crafting system. Options to alter character appearance, vanity items, etc. Are on the long-term roadmap but we have allocated our resources to new functionality before aesthetic options.
Kitsune
See, look at that. Not often would you get a response to your questions directly from the CEO, except here in PFO where it happens all the time.

Thanks for your responses to him, Ryan.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post