Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Quantities on Nodes

Quijenoth Starkiller
Quick question for all you dowsers out there.

I'm putting together a guide on Gathering and was wondering how many essences you normally pull from a node.

My experience first hand with Mining is that as your skill increases so does the number of resources you pull per node - My dowsing is only at level 2 so I am only pulling 1 or 2 essences.

So what are the master dowsers seeing? 5? 10?
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The Minimum is 2, the Maximum is 10. I don't know the exact math, but the higher your % skill, the higher your chance of getting more than 2, and the faster you complete your assay. Even a zero level person (with the base 10%) has a chance of getting 10, just not a very good chance, and none of them will ever be higher than T1 unless your skill level is 7 or higher. Once your skill level is 7, there is a very good chance that you will get at least one T2, which means if you are looking for T1, you will generally find fewer than if your skill is 6 or lower. The right armours and feats can add to your percentage.

To reinforce, it doesn't matter if you boost your % to 150, if your skill level isn't 7, you won't find T2 resources.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Wolf of Rathglen
It's at least two per node. As the skill goes up there is a higher chance of getting more, and more of the higher tier types once you can get multiple tiers. Four is more frequent to me now than two, usually more T2 than T1, and six essences isn't rare.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Quijenoth Starkiller
Thanks guys for the very detailed answer smile
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Lifedragn
Been poking around lately with my dowser (Rank 14, elf) and I've been finding it excessively rare to pull more than 2-4 essences per node (Any tier, even T1 essences). I remember quite regularly finding 6+ in the past. Was this re-balanced such that higher levels no longer have increased drop rates? Or am I the only one perceiving this?
Azure_Zero
It could just be the RNG.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I have not found it excessively rare on a per node basis. I do feel like the scarcity of dowser nodes in most hexes does make it feel rare, since the lucky-strikes/unit of gathering time is much lower than most gathering classes.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Edam
The biggest advantage of higher levels is you waste less time at each node. That is far more significant than any increase in mats dropped.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post