Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Sincere question: Where and what kind of PvP is allowed?

Nihimon
Dazyk of Phaeros
Thank you.

Uh-oh.

*stands back*
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
deisum
"But they started it!!!" Classic.
Dazyk of Phaeros
It has nothing to do with "he started it." There were threats, we dealt with those threats in the best way we could.

We are playing a territorial conflict game. We happen to have a large community built steadily and carefully over the last number of years. So yes, we have an advantage. Where is the problem?
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Dazyk of Phaeros
This thread is bonkers.

1. We didn't start the bullying, we have just responded to it
2. Who exactly are we bullying? We made it clear that if you are poaching our resources and you are NOT a friend, ally, or neutral party, that we reserve the right to deter you from doing so. I'm pretty sure that is what this game is about…
3. We are playing this game the way it has been designed. It is a PvP territorial game in which people make alliances to grow their settlements and protect their people… So what did we do wrong?

If all you are mad about is that our leaders attempted to communicate the issue in a politically correct way (again playing the game as intended) then I'm not too sure what else to say. If you are new here, realise that this back and forth political intrigue has been going on for years; get used to it.

And please watch your language. Thank you.
Sorry Dazyk, but I don't think this thread (certainly the OP) has anything to do with the territorial control announcement. It is about exerting authority by reacting in ways that are out of proportion to the original transgression. As a single, but not the only, example, When Aragon took away a tower from one of our partners in the north, the north, and the south combined and stripped them of every single tower they held. That was not necessary, and in the absence of any declared mutual defence policy, regardless of how well it fits the game or appeals to the players, it is an example of behaviour (and I'm not saying bad behaviour) that discourages anyone from any PvP, since it displays that if anyone friendly to the largest group is injured, the response may be catastrophic. Utterly within the reasonable actions for the people involved, utterly nonconstructive to PFO as a game. The members of AGC feel (rightly or wrongly) that they are put in the position of fearing that any action they take may be seen as sufficient reason for the largest block to crush them without mercy. Whether there is a declared policy of mutual defence of which anyone is aware, or merely on a whim because they are friends.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Dazyk of Phaeros
We happen to have a large community built steadily and carefully over the last number of years. So yes, we have an advantage. Where is the problem?
I'm betting Bell and AT&T asked exactly the same question of the DOJ in the 50s and 70s. The problem is in what you choose to do with it.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
deisum
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'm betting Bell and AT&T asked exactly the same question of the DOJ in the 50s and 70s. The problem is in what you choose to do with it.
Ooh, I like it! Idea for an anti-monopoly/economic stimulus mechanic: as item destruction (measured by rough value based on tier & +) in a hex (or group of hexes) decreases, nearby monster escalation growth increases exponentially!
Atheory
This is for anyone that attempts to express the feelings of AGC that are not a part of the AGC, and for those others that care. smile

As the leader of the AGC, I do not feel that way at all. I place the AGC where I want it to be, for good or bad. There are politics and choices involved for a reason. Regardless of the actions that I, and my company make, we do take into consideration all of the consequences and potential rewards that they would entail.
Brighthaven Leader
You know, I feel like this has gotten out of hand over events that haven't even been explained.

First off, OV/FG are our friends, but we have only helped them ONE TIME on a large scale. To my knowledge they have dealt with all kinds of skirmishes that we haven't been a part of or helped to defend against. We went to help them cause they wanted to be prepared when they were suppose to be attacked by a large organized force. The secondary reason was because AGC were killing people at our bank and logging off, a behavior we felt needed a message sent showing there were going to be repercussions.

We showed up, no one was there, no one attacked OZ, no one showed up at all that night to PvP, we took like 1 tower, Phaeros took 1 tower, and OZ/FH took all of the rest of them. We showed up with 12 people, Phaeros brought 6 people, OZ/FH had close or more than Brighthaven's force, separately.

Over the next week or two we took a couple of Aragon's towers over where we were fighting Usties that had nothing to do with the North, we were just taking them to see if we could get some PvP going, which eventually happened.

So yea, usually we just stay to ourselves or fight Golgotha, we were content on the northern groups skirmishing with the northern groups. We just didn't like the way they were PvPing (killing someone then logging out). Its not like we can respond to PvP across the map, we don't have the resources, we can't instantly have 10-20 people anywhere on the map.

If you feel threatened by us showing up when you are skirmishing someone, you shouldn't, unless you are doing something exploitive, or dickish, you probably have nothing to worry about. I thought at the time we were pretty clear why we were doing what we were doing, but it has been made clear to me that that wasn't clear at all. Furthermore, a lot of people think the EBA is LG, we are not, we are mostly NG/TN. We aren't the world police, we can't be every where at once.

I think Brighthaven is going to focus on the community aspect of things for awhile and stay out of the PvP sphere of things, unless absolutely necessary, and that isn't an invitation to test us in the EBA territory, we will defend ourselves and our people.

The main thing I find utterly ridiculous here, is that people claiming they were playing the game now can't because of us, but their version of playing the game, at the time, was hindering our own people from playing the game. We aren't going to dictate the rules of PvP, that is terribly arrogant. We aren't going to be bullied either and have it turned around on us.

Now, we have cooled off all fighting with EoX for the time, a mutually beneficial agreement, nothing set in stone, other than to meet and discuss the state of the game every week after test server notes are posted. We are also trying to work together to start testing more as a group.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Atheory
@Cheatle

For clarification, you stated twice people were pvping and logging off. You called out AGC one of those times which I am not understanding the context of that statement. How many times did this happen? What exactly is the slight here? Was that person suppose to wait a set amount of time before logging off? Maybe that individual was bored afterwards, or had to go to lunch…..I do not support gamey tactics so my inquiry is sincere.

As for the second time you stated it, whom were you referring to?
Brighthaven Leader
Specifically what happened Atheory:

Doc, Roynel, Whispers, sometimes you would attack and kill people at the bank and leave. There was no PvP involved, just murder and leave, specifically killing people using the bank.

Sometimes Doc, or Roynel would come into town kill someone at the bank, and then log off in town. This would happen all day, sometimes logging back in and killing someone and logging out, from our perspective, whether that was happening or not it seemed very exploitative.

The main issue is that during that time there was almost no PvP, because we can't engage people that log out of game, it was frustrating. After the whole coming up north thing, it basically stopped, and shortly after that they beefed up guards so they killed anyone in town. We have been PvPing with Golgotha at the level of Banditry for over a month, a level which we only saw from AGC twice, both times in the pass hex (and I think it was an accident that you ran into us).
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post