Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Sincere question: Where and what kind of PvP is allowed?

Atheory
So you have us to thank for the thornguards around the bank now? smile

You are welcome.
Midnight
OK, before jousting over a single sentence, I want to make clear I'm quoting merely one sentence of what I otherwise acknowledge sounds like a very reasonable post (from my perspective of someone who wasn't there).

Cheatle for TEO
If you feel threatened by us showing up when you are skirmishing someone, you shouldn't, unless you are doing something exploitive, or dickish, you probably have nothing to worry about.

If you are talking about TEO showing up, you may have a point. If you're talking about the EBA showing up, though, I'd say that anyone ought to have concerns when a group like TSV (with their repeated and ongoing promises of spawn camping) shows up in their neighborhood.

As much as Ryan has warned folks that some bandits might do 5% durability to them, I don't think Ryan has ever suggested to them that they should prepare to end up naked because they wouldn't be allowed to disengage from combat until their gear is gone.

Those are toxic threats to a community that might feel they've worked hard to gather all the right recipes, all the right resources and dedicate folks to crafting that stuff and who might actually value their gear.

And I have to think that promising to break people's gear is MEANT to be a toxic threat.

So yeah, if the parts of the EBA (who are completely unashamed of sacrificial lamb flagging games for undue massive advantage, as well as promising to break people's gear through spawn camping) show up somewhere, I can certainly see why the gentler elements of this game would be concerned.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
If you come into our territory to attack our civilians, we'll do whatever we have to in order to stop you. That might be anything from chasing you off to breaking your gear to burning down your Settlement.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Midnight
I simply can't tell if this stuff is orchestrated with Cheatle playing good cop to TSV's bad cop, or if Cheatle simply finds his group's success is accidentally enabling the most toxic element of this game to get bolder by the day in their bullying.

I keep hoping the GW comes up with some game saving patch or subscription plan, etc before April, because when more people start selling accounts, and when subscriptions on unsold accounts lapse while people wait for improvements, I'm putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of the most toxic element in this game.

-Midnight
14 days clean from banditry and NEVER promised to spawn camp people.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Nihimon
If you come into our territory to attack our civilians, we'll do whatever we have to in order to stop you. That might be anything from chasing you off to breaking your gear to burning down your Settlement.

Those "civilians" would never gather/refine/craft for armor and weapons that would be used against other players, right?

They're just riding unicorns and chasing rainbows.
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
We don't protect them because they're civilians. We protect them because they're our civilians.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Brighthaven Leader
You want to talk about spawn camping to ME? What about Cedar? A gatherer you guys killed 10 times at a shrine and broke his gear? He almost quit the game. We reported all those involved and didn't even bring it up on the boards. Constantly we attempt to take the high road (reporting and leaving it to the devs), and constantly its thrown in our faces, because we don't go out of our way to toss it in someone's face.

We have made an effort, all the way around to not spawn camp people, your side and ours. Lets leave it at that, no matter what Nihimon has said, no matter what Golgotha has actually done, both sides are cooling it.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Midnight
Nihimon

I've seen TSV threats to spawn camp as a reaction to War of Towers, also.

TSV's toxicity and vindictiveness might just be limitless.
-Edmund Burke
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Atheory
So you have us to thank for the thornguards around the bank now? smile

You are welcome.

In a sense, yes, and thank you. I think at the very least it caused the devs to move forward the development of the guard AI, if it wasn't already set to go in shortly after Doc's actions. Since then, whether by mechanics or by choice, Doc has not, to my knowledge, shown up near Keepers Pass. He mentioned earlier in this thread (or perhaps another, I'm not sure) that he decided to rein it in, and I think that was sincere.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Midnight
Cheatle for TEO
You want to talk about spawn camping to ME? What about Cedar? A gatherer you guys killed 10 times at a shrine and broke his gear? He almost quit the game. We reported all those involved and didn't even bring it up on the boards. Constantly we attempt to take the high road (reporting and leaving it to the devs), and constantly its thrown in our faces, because we don't go out of our way to toss it in someone's face.

We have made an effort, all the way around to not spawn camp people, your side and ours. Lets leave it at that, no matter what Nihimon has said, no matter what Golgotha has actually done, both sides are cooling it.

I hope the GMs punish people who spawn camp. I didn't see the Cedar thing.

I get that both sides are cooling it, and I'm not trying to restart hostilities. Hell, I'm going to be stuck doing my taxes soon, so I'd just wind up missing any new hostilities.

But in the discussion of what people up North should or shouldn't fear, as well as what kind of PvP is allowed and what the consequences might be, TSV's repeated and ongoing promised toxicity is something that bears consideration in this thread.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post