Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Sincere question: Where and what kind of PvP is allowed?

Kitsune
Yeah, for the longest time, we would always "let people go" - e.g. not shrine-camp people at all. If they would come running back into battle, then we'd kill them again. But shrine camping was considered ungentlemanlike, so we would avoid it entirely.

But since then, our enemies had decided that it was, for whatever reason, a really good idea to camp shrines until their targets' armor broke, and even then would they sometimes continue killing their target, just "for the lols" or just to incite anger in their targets. It was bullcrap, and I'm pretty sure we've literally had people quit the game from this behavior alone.

So don't talk to us about toxicity.
Baron
I´ll have to agree with Midnight. Personally i don´t write a lot on the forums, but i DO read them, these and the Paizo ones. When i started out, choosing between settlements to join i went wit EL, mostly because they agreed with the basic premise of the Rose-blood accords basic rule-set, but didn´t want to be ruled by them. Basically, they wanted to be good guys without having to bow down to another power-player. Now, the recent ..hrm.. diplomacy.. situation… have made me disgusted… even more then earlier, with … well, nvm with who, that should be obvious for those following the diplomatic situation taking place.

What i don´t really like is the self righteousness and the deception which for me is obvious when looking the behavior of the self proclaimed good-guys. Now, personally, im not much for playing an evil character, but at least i can respect the Golgothans who keep their word and don´t lie about their alignment.
Self-styled Warden of the East, Protector of Baron´s Folly, Hero of the first skirmish.
Brighthaven Leader
@Midnight,

If someone kills a gatherer in our area, what is the appropriate response? When do you suggest that we not have them on a KoS list? Do you suggest we aren't suppose to avenge our fallen citizens?

@Baron, are we just suppose to take this lying down? Please explain what deception we are attempting? and please explain how we aren't honoring our alignment.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Baron
Your alignment is your deception basically. The whole guilt by association is a good example where you state that if you are on friendly ground with Golgotha, people will be recognized as enemies and killed when entering your lands. Your lands which you´ve claimed, the nodes and escalations in those lands are also included. Do you really not see, how this looks to the rest of the game community? There is very little that is able to rile me up, but when i read your responses on the forum, i boiled in rage. Lets just say, that the respect i once held for you and the other leaders, is now gone. Although, you don´t really need my respect, and i recognize this. But take this as a pointer for how other people will feel in future contact with your group.

*EDIT. This will most likely be my last message to you, i don´t really feel like talking to you anymore.
Self-styled Warden of the East, Protector of Baron´s Folly, Hero of the first skirmish.
Brighthaven Leader
When have we ever said that anyone on friendly terms with Golgotha is going to be killed in our lands? We said anyone that is in their raiding parties, in their settlement, or alliance….there is a HUGE difference.

So, Baron, whether you come back or not, that is up to you, but let me pose this question to you, as well as the community:

Would you like people coming to your area and farming your hexes until your resources are diluted? Would you like people coming to your area and killing off your monster hexes and taking expendables? Does your alignment mean that you are or aren't allowed to claim territory? Does your alignment mean that you can't defend your area?

Thod, in the recent posts specifically calls Decius out for doing that in EL's territory, he hasn't established EL's territory or EL's laws.

Edit: When OE comes, the few who understand what is going to happen might be the ones who survive. I have not sugar coated or deceived anyone, as a matter of fact I have been one of the few trying to prepare this server for when the floodgates open, and the scourage of the internet comes in to take its place. EoX and EBA are both organizations that are going to be considered carebears, going to be considered weak, because of our general policies. Whether you want to label us good guys or bad guys, or vice versa, the truth is, I don't know how many of our settlements are going to survive, and in a years time, EoX and EBA could be hand in hand just trying to stave off a force larger than both of us, considering themselves LG, killing them because they are evil, and killing us because we refuse to go out and eradicate evil in all forms. This is at the very CORE of why EoX and EBA are cooling fighting.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Vrel Vusoryn
"Your alignment is your deception".

Phaeros settlement: TN
Decius: Pretty sure not LG

That said, as Cheatle mentions, EL has neither declared territory nor made mention of what is against the law in their lands.

As far as claiming lands, please do explain how this looks to the rest of the community (which i doubt you speak for) in a game where claiming territory is a HUGE part of the game design. Please, go on, I'll wait.
General of the Grey
Grey Guard

The Grey Guard is currently looking for adventurers and craftsfolk to join this lore based military company. Based in the great settlement of Phaeros and one of the military companies of the EBA alliance. Visit us today and learn how you can join! Once you register you will have access to the application form to join TSV(Phaeros) and, once accepted, then the Grey Guard.
Brighthaven Leader
Here is the issue, everyone speaking out against us for claiming territory, everyone speaking out against us, because claiming territory is against our alignment. I want you all to think about this:

When the day comes and YOU all have to claim territory, I say have to, because you are going to have to to maintain your settlements, when this happens, and you have publicly spoken against claiming territory how does that make you look? I applaud those who have backed EBA on this matter, some of you in Golgotha, Stoneroot Glade, and AL, it is appreciated that at the very least there are leadership or personalities that understand where this game is going.
Avari
I honestly feel bad for the people who still don't grasp that this is a territory warfare game. That's why I thought it was so sad that War of the Towers fell on its arse. WoT would have at least given everybody a good pre season round to figure this out and adjust its philosophies and alliance structures accordingly. As is, we still have some settlement leaders doing the tra-la-la to their own demises.

Everbloom and Roseblood and all that jazz is a pact to play clean, hard nosed football. Never did it mean we wouldn't tackle or defend our endzone.smile
Tabomo
Cheatle for TEO
You want to talk about spawn camping to ME? What about Cedar? A gatherer you guys killed 10 times at a shrine and broke his gear? He almost quit the game. We reported all those involved and didn't even bring it up on the boards. Constantly we attempt to take the high road (reporting and leaving it to the devs), and constantly its thrown in our faces, because we don't go out of our way to toss it in someone's face.

We have made an effort, all the way around to not spawn camp people, your side and ours. Lets leave it at that, no matter what Nihimon has said, no matter what Golgotha has actually done, both sides are cooling it.

When you say "you guys" could you elaborate? Just making sure you meant one or more Golgothans. I joined halfway thru the first month of EE, so this may have happened prior to me being in the game, but I cant say I recognize the name Cedar at all. I personally have never spawn-camped (and never will, though I have been spawn-camped myself), and haven't witnessed any spawn camping by any other Golgothans. I HAVE personally heard on comms our leaders telling people NOT to kill person X because he just respawned, however. I admit I'm not online terribly frequently though, so the Cedar thing could have gone down when I wasn't online. Sounds more like something those Sensou guys would have done. Are they still around?

Kitsune
Yeah, for the longest time, we would always "let people go" - e.g. not shrine-camp people at all. If they would come running back into battle, then we'd kill them again. But shrine camping was considered ungentlemanlike, so we would avoid it entirely.

But since then, our enemies had decided that it was, for whatever reason, a really good idea to camp shrines until their targets' armor broke, and even then would they sometimes continue killing their target, just "for the lols" or just to incite anger in their targets. It was bullcrap, and I'm pretty sure we've literally had people quit the game from this behavior alone.

So don't talk to us about toxicity.

Again, when you say "our enemies decided it was a really good idea to camp shrines", are you talking about Golgotha? Have you personally been spawn-camped by a Golgothan? Or did you just hear from someone who heard from someone who heard from someone, etc? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm genuinely curious. Because I find it difficult to believe Golgothans would do that.

I HAVE heard Nihimon say something about spawn-camping until people's gear breaks, so if you are one of his enemies, I could see what you are saying.
Brighthaven Leader
@Tambomo

Yes, there were several people spawn camping in our Mountains, from Golgotha. There was one bad incident, and as far as I can tell it hasn't happened since. I do believe it happened before you joined.

Edit: As for other incidents, I don't have any knowledge of.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post