Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Sincere question: Where and what kind of PvP is allowed?

Doc
If you just want to PvP, come down to Phaeros during our PvP Window. You won't lose Reputation, you'll be fighting folks who want to PvP, and you won't be calling down the thunder of the gods unless you're coming down in sufficient numbers to actually take Towers from us, which seems unlikely.

I have already done that. That is why I rolled with Golgotha on some occasions. We all know how that has turned out.

Nihimon:

I think another part of your problem is that you seem to really want to target the Everbloom Alliance or our good friends. Trust me, there are a lot of things you could do in the game that wouldn't concern us in the slightest.

I did that because I couldn't in good conscience attack others that are so weak and because most other places on the map are empty. By making yourselves the largest bloc in game you made yourself the appropriate target for anybody who doesn't want the map to devolve into stagnation, or drive away small fries.

I think part of your problem may be that you want it to be easy to find targets.

Travelling back and forth to EBA territory is usually a combined hour and 1/2 of travel time, I would hardly call that easy. What I really wanted was, if I were to spend an hour and 1/2 of doing nothing in game (travel) in order to do some PvP, I gosh darn am going to engage in a manner so as to guarantee it occurs. Most of the players in this game seem to have no interest in PvP, so I suppose many will not understand that mindset.

I've wasted literally days of cumulative game time trying to find something else to do anywhere else besides EBA territory. The rest of the map is a freaking wasteland. Is it so much to ask? That in a game centered around PvP that I actually get to participate in PvP? It's like saying I should be happy to queue for 3 hours to play a 40 man PvP PUG match in World of Warcraft.

The reason why the rest of the map is so empty, and the reason why most of the PvP has been directed at EBA is for the same reason. Southeast is where most of the players ended up.
Doc
I think what I said above about Phaeros's PvP Window should probably apply to everyone. If folks aren't guarding their Towers during their PvP Window, they deserve to lose those Towers. If they are, fight them and get your PvP in.

I'm - not - talking - about - towers.

I'm talking about outposts and POI holdings will which will destructible.

We might defend our outposts, and by your words then not deserve to lose them because we defended them, but we'll lose them any way because we won't ever be able to defeat you.

But - please - quit pretending like the EBA is stopping you from doing any PvP at all anywhere on the map.

You came up and took our towers after we helped Gpunk in his attack on Ozem's Vigil. I'm not pretending. Once outposts are in, we have to assume you will do the same thing and burn down our outposts. Unless you are willing to provide a list of all the people you won't invoke map police protocol for if they get attacked.
Nihimon
Doc
You came up and took our towers after we helped Gpunk in his attack on Ozem's Vigil. I'm not pretending. Once outposts are in, we have to assume you will do the same thing and burn down our outposts. Unless you are willing to provide a list of all the people you won't invoke map police protocol for if they get attacked.

How many different ways do I have to say it?

Nihimon
… I would think it would go without saying that we will fight to protect our friends and allies. We are not interested in trying to protect every player in the game. But we have strong relationships and we try to be good friends, so if we're showing up when you attack a particular Settlement, you might need to consider whether that particular target is worthwhile or whether you should consider attacking another Settlement.

I guess that the cat's out of the bag that we consider Ozem's Vigil a very good friend and will answer the call when they raise the alarm.

So, again, quit pretending like the EBA is stopping you from doing any PvP at all anywhere on the map.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Doc
I think what I said above about Phaeros's PvP Window should probably apply to everyone. If folks aren't guarding their Towers during their PvP Window, they deserve to lose those Towers. If they are, fight them and get your PvP in.

I'm - not - talking - about - towers.

I'm talking about outposts and POI holdings will which will destructible.

I'm - trying - to - tell - you - where - to - get - PvP.

We defend our Towers. If you show up at our Towers during our PvP Window, you can get PvP. You almost certainly won't be able to take our Towers, but if you don't care about Towers, what does that matter? If you work at it, you might even get some kills in. You'll definitely get some good practice fighting against an organized, larger force but you have the option of attacking our scouts with superior numbers if you're smart and quick and don't stay in one place too long.

You can try the same thing at other Settlement's Towers during their PvP Window. You might get PvP there, I don't know. Again, it's not about the Towers, it's about you getting a chance to PvP against other folks who want to PvP.

If you're sincerely looking for an answer to the question "where can we PvP without bringing down the hammer of the gobs from EBA?", then you have a lot of options.

I'm not going to give you a list of "fair game" Settlements, because I don't want the political fallout of being accused of sending you to attack them. So far, you've identified one Settlement in the North that we're willing to run across the map to help if they raise the alarm. But please, stop asking like the EBA is tying your hands at every turn.

If you want to attack EBA folks who can take it, come to our Towers. If you want to attack somebody else, pick a different target than the one target you've already tried. If you want to pick random targets, hang out in the wilderness away from any Settlement and bide your time. If you're really worried about whether your new target is a "good friend" of the EBA, then post a challenge to them on the forums and see who answers their call for defenders.

If you continue to pretend that the EBA is smothering every opportunity you have for PvP, I will be forced to conclude that this whole thread was not a "sincere" question, but was instead just political maneuvering.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Doc
By calling Ozem's Vigil a "good friend" you're trying to avoid saying it's an alliance. But let's just be honest here, if you are going to defend OZ and Forgeholm every time they get attacked, then they are ostensibly in EBA. Thorgrim came on our TS this morning so I know this to be true.

So, that means you will "allow" us to do feuds with:

Kabal / Taverhold
Aeonian League
Golgotha

We can't attack Golgotha because they are far larger than us and our neighbor. That would be ridiculously stupid.

We don't attack the small people to the west because that would be stupid, we don't want to hit developing settlements.

Effectively, by us trying to abide by the tacit rule to not dick with small settlements, and to try and not poke the bear that is EBA, and to not pick an unwinnable fight with our neighbor - the only people we can in good conscious feud with is Kabal.

Which sucks, because out of everybody else on the map, they are the most like-minded to us, and are now seeming like the most likely candidate (IMHO) for us to move to ally with or join with, speaking only for myself not Aragon (I don't consider myself a member of Aragon, just AGC).

Listen to yourself. You're acting like you're doing us a favor by leaving us one group of people we can fight. By creating this umbrella alliance of EBA + OZ + FH, you are protecting more than 75% of the map.

Look, this isn't just about some of us in my company wanting to do PvP. It's about rhose of us in our company who want to do PvP, 1. wanting it to be meaningful, instead of some kind of tower circle-jerk over nothing, and 2. not wanting it to come back and get all of our company member's hard work destroyed because we accidentally attacked a super-secret non-disclosed alliance member of EBA.

At least now we know how big EBA actually is, though now it feels we're really screwed because our only viable target for warfare is the one group we weren't particularly inclined to war with in the first place. I mena, we were a hair away from joining Kabal before EE started.

If you continue to pretend that the EBA is smothering every opportunity you have for PvP, I will be forced to conclude that this whole thread was not a "sincere" question, but was instead just political maneuvering.

That's pretty low. But you know what screw all this. This is what I was talking about Thod when I said this community is broken. You can't crowdforge or try and make this game work from a communal standpoint without people cutting your legs out from under you. I've probably said I'm off these forums more times than Cal has said he was moving, but this feels pretty shitty. why bother man
Chidar
How is the consensual pvp working out guys?

Admit it you need non consensual to create you some targets, otherwise you end up in a stalemate, and stagnated map.

Give me the power to concept design the pvp in this product! Else pve'ers will stagnate you all!

Just wanted to be provocative smile
Nihimon
So, after all this, what you're really asking is "why won't you let us attack you without retaliating?"

I think that's a question that kind of answers itself.
Flynn Pontis
Nihimon show some tact for goodness sakes that is not what he is saying and is disrespectful and rude.
Chidar
Nihimon
So, after all this, what you're really asking is "why won't you let us attack you without retaliating?"

I think that's a question that kind of answers itself.
I thought he was saying you can take truce agreements too far and stagnate the map, or am i deaf?
Nihimon
Chidar
I thought he was saying you can take truce agreements too far and stagnate the map, or am i deaf?

So, everything would be just hunky dory if the EBA publicly announced that we would ignore our friends if they called for help? Come on, guys, get real.

Doc is placing a lot of unnecessary restrictions on himself, but he's trying to put the blame on the EBA. I don't even know what he really wants, because he completely ignores Ryan's advice and just keeps saying things that sound an awful lot like "we want to attack you but we don't want you to defend yourselves".
Nihimon
Nihimon
Chidar

So, everything would be just hunky dory if the EBA publicly announced that we would ignore our friends if they called for help? Come on, guys, get real.

Doc is placing a lot of unnecessary restrictions on himself, but he's trying to put the blame on the EBA. I don't even know what he really wants, because he completely ignores Ryan's advice and just keeps saying things that sound an awful lot like "we want to attack you but we don't want you to defend yourselves".

[Edit] And I've even said how he can attack us directly without really causing problems.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post