Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Change to Release Cadence

Ryan Dancey
Hi All!

We have been reviewing our upcoming feature list and evaluating the work necessary to implement that list as well as our ongoing efforts to continue to polish the game. We've decided that we're going to switch to a 3-week release cycle.

This means that the release of Early Enrollment v6.0 to the TEST SERVER will happen on the 19th, to be followed by its release to the LIVE SERVER on the 26th. Early Enrollment v7.0 will then be deployed to the TEST SEVER on 9 April, and to the LIVE SERVER on the 16 April, etc.

We think this cadence will be a better fit with the upcoming workload. We'll keep the community advised if any additional adjustments are required.
Azure_Zero
Thanks for the Update,
as now we can expect more from each release….smile
Giorgio
Ryan,

If this means more stability between each release, I am all for it. Just don't forgot about your blogs, you know how much we love them. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Tink says Stab
Cool. I imagine, if anything, this will result in more work being done, at a higher quality. Less time chasing bugs on the test server, more time bringing us the awesome subsystems that you are capable of.

P.S Please fix melee combat.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Gog
And on the extra Thursday you can publish a preview/ tentative notes for the test release intended for the following week!
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Atheory
And it was said, on the 27th, that we are now at a 4 week cadence…….I keed I keed.
Brighthaven Leader
I think this will only benefit the server more, sort of a slower version of the agile method, but I think much needed.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Gog
Cheatle for TEO
sort of a slower version of the agile method

Spry: This buff improves Development Speed. It is the weaker form of Agile.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Ryan, would you consider deploying to live two weeks after deploying to test server, rather than one, and expanding the number of people that have access to the test server? I realize it might still not be enough to get things tested adequately, and there will always be things that behave differently, but I think we could all benefit from having test deployed for two weeks over one.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Giorgio
+1 to the above, I would also recommend deviding groups into "blue" and "red", free game time to players & settlements who actively participate (give them a checklist of things to test to get the free game time), grant XP packacages of various amount for participating EE settlements (to represent low, mid and high level PCs), and some "bootstrap" Resources/Recepies so we can hit the ground running to test more stuff instead of having to start from scratch (which is a primary reason many people I have spoken to have no interest in participating in the test server).
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post