Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Frustrations

Caldeathe Baequiannia
So, I stated something clearly as "my interpretation" of something someone else said, and why I thought they were right about their feelings, and got passively chastised for trying to speak for others. Meanwhile, the two largest groups are treating each other like a pair of seven year-olds fighting over the proper rules for the half pieces of the game they found in the basement and yelling back and forth about who's daddy is bigger and who's a poopy-head.

I thought I could back away from these forums and come out of this some semblance of interest in the game. Apparently I was wrong.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Gog
I feel you.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Stilachio Thrax
It is the internet, I automatically assume everyone is going to act like a 5 year-old throwing a tantrum.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Azure_Zero
I can understand it, Cal.
Kakafika
You must be new here.

Welcome!
Atheory
It'll be okay, it'll be okay.

In general I think rewriting in one's own way the perceived reasoning of another can lead to tricky distortions of the original authors actual thinking. Since perception is king, any disruption, whether that itself is perceived one way or another, to that of the original thinking can put people on the defensive. Best to leave "I think he means" or "Perhaps he was saying" or any other speculative reasoning outside and just leave the original author to justify/elaborate/clarify their own thoughts.

Who's the biggest poopy-head? sounds like a good question for a poll!
Gog
Not really a fair competition. I think there's a pretty strong cross-faction consensus on who PFO's A-Number-1 poopy-head is.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Pernicious
That would be one consensus more than we've got now.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Atheory
It'll be okay, it'll be okay.
Maybe. I'm just afraid my wife's assassins won't take me out before I become the next in a short list of people who's primary energy is devoted to knifing PFO in the belly.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
deisum
So there's this thing about writing: the author's message is whatever the audience interpret's it to be. Which is to say, you don't get to dictate how someone interprets your words, much less be upset when they don't understand what you were trying to convey. One of the keys of being a good author (at least when trying to convey information or ideas) is to do so with as little ambiguity as possible so your audience can understand your thinking. Ambiguous or open-ended questions don't do a very good job of this. (This is not directed at anyone in particular; I do it too, often enough.)

Thus, your ability to convey your ideas is as important, if not more than, your actual ideas, themselves.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post