Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Specific tasks for the future builders

Gudrun Grimfury
I was wondering what the specific tasks were going to be for each of the construction skills (architect, stonemason, carpenter, blacksmith), as so far I have seen no details, or really even a hint of what these professions are going to be like to play. These jobs are critical to the future success of settlements, as these craftsmen will be the ones (as I understand the skills) that will not only be building the Holdings and Outposts, but the settlements, all from the ground up. I also remember reading not long ago it is likely one or more of these skills will be required to build siege camps, and the siege equipment to raze and sack structures and settlements.

Do we have any details on how these skills will be implemented, and what these craftsmen (and craftswomen) will be able to make in their careers as builders?
Gog
A lot of us have been wondering this for a long time. They'll tell us when we need to know- I expect this info to come out at the same time as the info on the Holdings and Outposts systems.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Fanndis Goldbraid
Not a good answer Guurzak. I want to know now so can open some necessary gates. Don't be so flippant in your responses.
Gog
I want to know now too. But I have enough respect for the developers to trust that when they have something they're ready to share, they will.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Fanndis Goldbraid
Me too. But if we don't ask, they may never discuss the info until the last minute. Since they have been willing to discuss many things in advance, asking is perfectly appropriate.
foxglove
I can give you speculation based on rumors. I don't remember whether i've heard the below from a dev, from Cheatle or from other completely insecure sources. But at least it can fuel the discusison for now (or maybe make them come in and correct misinformation).

UNCONFIRMED RUMORS and speculation:

-Architect is essentially a gate for higher level buildings. Ie the settlement needs -one- architect of sufficient skill to start the construction. (Possibly blueprints/'building recipes' are needed, no idea). I imagine this creates a 'under construction' building on the building slot where labourers need to 'lend their effort'.

-The three other skills are used for construction of settlement buildings and outposts. I imagine this is similar to 'lending your effort' to outpost bulk production - ie that you can only work on one project at a time, but it does not prevent you from normal refining/crafting. I assume the relevant skill depends on the bulk resource used for the building in question. I assume building construction will take a very long time with unskilled labour.

-AFAIK no dev has said anything about carpenter/stonemason/blacksmith being relevant for outpost management/production.
Foxglove - of Pathfinder University (PFU/Riverbank)
Silkworm - of Phoenix Industries (TEO/Brighthaven)
On these boards I never speak for TEO, only for myself or PFU. Contact me if you want to hold a guest lecture for PFU
Erian El ranelen of Keeper s Pass
I would very much like it if they "flipped the switch" on these being available right now, even if they have no function, as they did with the Seneschal. It doesn't matter what, game mechanically, the Carpenter is going to provide for me as my Sawyer will take it as a complimentary skill. He's fast approaching a time when the need for Carpenter to support his Sawyer advancement will be required. I'd much rather do that than "dump" XP into Tanner or some such just for the Constitution boost.

I know our Engineer feels the same way about Architect.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. A Crafter settlement that is friendly to casual and RP players. Check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://keepersofthecircle.guildlaunch.com/.

Why do I support non-aggression? (https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1738/?page=1#post-16606)
Giorgio
Foxglove,

I am running a small company who aims to excel in construction projects; the lack of info on how to due so is frustrating. The best I can prepare for now is to save XP for when those skills become available (at least 6000XP) and look for synergies with existing skills (example):

[STR] Armorsmith/Stonemason
[STR] Weaponsmith/Stonemason

[CON] Smelter/Miner
[CON] Sawyer/Carpenter

[INT] Engineer/Architect

[PER] Sage/Dowser/Seneschal
[PER] Officer/Seneschal

Here is hoping the EE6 notes coming out today shed more light on this! smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Wolf of Rathglen
I remember Lee saying/speculating with the standard no promises caveat that carpenter/stonemason/architect projects would split the way DI does. With stonemason doing military type buildings, carpenters doing crafting maybe and architects the remainder.
Hammerfall: Like a waterfall, but tougher.
Erian El ranelen of Keeper s Pass
Yep, that's the split I'm dong as well Giorgio, while biding time to implementation. I've got enough other options to bump Con and make Sawyer 11, but after that the Carpenter ranks start to get very much appreciated over something like Tanner or Smelter. I'm hoping that pacing is deliberate and Carpenter will come in just in time as it's needed.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. A Crafter settlement that is friendly to casual and RP players. Check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://keepersofthecircle.guildlaunch.com/.

Why do I support non-aggression? (https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1738/?page=1#post-16606)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post