Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Structure Plots

Ravenlute
On the day of EE4.1 there was a settlement map that reflected the changes made to the in-game world. It detailed the settlement structure plots. Sadly when EE4.2 came out those settlement maps did not return. Until that comes back or we are gifted with a clean version for personal use, here ya go, a super crude version. (Too much time on my hands today.)

By looking at this it would seem that there are 3 Large plots (not including the Fort), 6 Medium plots, and 16 Small plots. Note that the Bank takes up 1 Small plot.

Based off of our current setups, smaller structures can be placed in larger plots but I don't know if the reverse is true.
Myl - Herald of Stone Bear Clan (Tavernhold)
"You can walk into Tavernhold but a horse will have to carry you out."
Azure_Zero
I think the Rule is;
Smaller buildings can go in larger plots,
but bigger buildings can not go into a group of smaller plots.
Ulf Stonepate
I'd like to hear from the Devs whether support-only structures will take up full crafter-sized plots, or just fountain-sized mini-plots. It seems to me that a small shrine, statue, or fountain should be sufficient, particularly if it needs to be upgraded to support higher tiers. A support structure should not have anything like the resource footprint on any axis (cost, space, upkeep) that a trainer/crafter building requires.
Gog
The last word we have from the devs, albeit several months ago, is that buildings must go on the correct plot size period- no mismatches in either direction. Also, small crafting and support do go in the same small plots; the only thing that goes in tiny plots are decorations (DI bonus structures).
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Tink says Stab
So I have a small tie in question. In some of the early videos, settlements had walls and random house buildings and stuff. Any idea when we might see those? Cause they were pretty. Made settlements feel like more than just crafting buildings.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Edam
Pretty sure the walls are not intended to be just decorative they will have defensive value.
Ravenlute
Guurzak
The last word we have from the devs, albeit several months ago, is that buildings must go on the correct plot size period- no mismatches in either direction. Also, small crafting and support do go in the same small plots; the only thing that goes in tiny plots are decorations (DI bonus structures).

The reason I assume smaller structures can go in larger plots is because we currently see Medium structures in the Large plots in player Settlements. That may change when we are able to make our own, really can't say.
Tink says Stab
Oh, I know, but still, they look really pretty as well. Right now the settlements feel so bleh.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Ravenlute
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to building up some more advanced settlement facilities towards more of a town look as opposed to the current village look.
Hobson Fiffledown
I'm hoping we get some more Smallhold in-town functionality. Separate storage with permissions, Apothecary tables or other crafting and recipe organization methods, stabling for mounts, maybe some benefit to the settlement DI needs (at the very least there shouldn't be a DI cost for them). It would be cool to have a ring of houses and Smallholds (or other future residents) all along the ring road within the future walls.
This space for rent.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post