Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE6 Overview of Features Blog

Nihimon
My question is about Settlement Vaults.

Specifically, will there be a Vault in Keeper's Pass that all members of Phaeros can access, regardless of which Company they're in.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Lisa Stevens
Nihimon
My question is about Settlement Vaults.

Specifically, will there be a Vault in Keeper's Pass that all members of Phaeros can access, regardless of which Company they're in.

My understanding is that each settlement will have a settlement vault in their home settlement that anybody who belongs to that settlement will be able to access depending on how the permissions are set up. I don't think that settlements have vaults in other settlements, though I could be wrong. I know that companies do have vaults in each settlement, much like individuals do.

Now, I could be wrong. I didn't sit in on the meeting where this was discussed in great length, so hopefully Lee sees this thread. I am in Vegas right now on Paizo business so I can't poke him like I normally would. smile

-Lisa
Nihimon
Lisa Stevens
I am in Vegas right now on Paizo business so I can't poke him like I normally would. smile

I appreciate the response, and have a hunch that you're metaphorical fingers are plenty long enough to poke and prod from quite a distance smile
Tink says Stab
I'm really of two minds on settlement vaults in each city. On one hand, it would really suck if our crafters could only craft at our home settlement, especially since we can't upgrade buildings just yet. It means we won't actually be changing anything, we will still have a person who sits at the local crafting town and doles out resources. On the other hand, it might force crafters to leave their current settlements and actually join the crafter towns that they tend to live in.

If settlements only get a vault in their home bank, I would strongly encourage the developers to at least consider allowing them to spend resources/gold to rent one in another settlement. Like setting up an embassy. That would let us have vaults on whichever settlements we need to, while also giving money to the crafting settlements that everyone wants to live in.

(For cross company crafting, obviously)
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Gog
This would be a great use for secondary or tertiary company slots. Have all the crafters of a given crafting community (settlement scale, alliance scale, whatever) join X Crafters company as tertiary so that they can all share company storage in every settlement.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Nihimon
Guurzak
This would be a great use for secondary or tertiary company slots. Have all the crafters of a given crafting community (settlement scale, alliance scale, whatever) join X Crafters company as tertiary so that they can all share company storage in every settlement.

While it's certainly helpful to put all the Crafters in the same Company, the problem arises from then having to manually move the Output Items into other Company Vaults to be picked up, or having to transport the Output Items to the home Settlement.

My concern is that, because of the risks associated with transporting items, folks will join Companies based more on how easily they can get geared up rather than on other, more appropriate factors.
Mark Kalmes
Settlement vaults are only in the settlement. Companies have vaults in both their core settlement and any NPC settlement. Companies will also shortly have vaults in any of their holdings, so that will significantly expand the territory that companies can hold goods. Of course, if you lose your holding, it may be difficult to get your items back out.
Nihimon
Mark Kalmes
Companies have vaults in both their core settlement and any NPC settlement.

To be clear, are you saying that a Company of Phaeros will not have a Company Vault in Keeper's Pass?
Gog
Mark Kalmes
Companies have vaults in both their core settlement and any NPC settlement.

That is a major change from this:

EE6 preview blog
Companies have a Company Vault and a Company Secure Vault for storage in every Settlement

I would definitely prefer and argue for the latter version rather than the former. If that system is later narrowed to permit company vaulting only in allied settlements or settlements where vaulting is explicitly approved/purchased, that's fine… but until those options exist please just let companies vault anywhere.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Tuoweit
Nihimon
Lisa Stevens
I am in Vegas right now on Paizo business so I can't poke him like I normally would. smile

I appreciate the response, and have a hunch that you're metaphorical fingers are plenty long enough to poke and prod from quite a distance smile

Were Lisa anywhere else, you'd probably be right, but we all know that whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. smile

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post