Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Poll Rangers!

Rynnik
I am clear on the statements that have been made about upcoming classes. However, I would like to crowdforge consideration of one small change to the currently communicated plan:

GoblinWorks - when you ask the community what class to work on next please consider including Rangers minus pet tech as one of the options.

I understand the reasoning and why Rangers, Druids and Monks will be included last out of the core classes. Out of these three problem sets though Rangers seem to be the one where the limiter seems to be the least crippling to the overall product. Monk animations and Druid dependence on that increased tech make a lot of sense, but Rangers have variety and capacity outside of the pet aspect of their play that could make them viably fleshed out even without inclusion of that aspect.

Therefore when the community gets asked to pick between Barbarian, Bard, Sorcerer, or Paladin next please include an option to vote for half of Rangers! In many ways Ranger Minus would be similar to the way clerics have entered the game with aspects of their particularities awaiting addition of tech such as deities etc.

We can be a strange community at times. We crowdforged Gnomes to be the first race. Gnomes. Seriously, who does that? (go away Tink - not asking you :-P ) So you can never been sure what we actually want to have in game and I would really like to see how many people would rather play a broken ranger for a year or two until the rest of the class portions can be added over the other presented options.

Think about it please GW. Not asking for it to be next - just that the question is included for better or worse to pick what may be the 'worst' option for our next playable adventuring class. Thanks.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Avari
I have an even better idea. Forego summons period. Never have them. They are a nightmare to balance and a total mess in large scale PvP. Rangers, Druids and Wizards can be plenty powerful without them.
Rynnik
Avari
I have an even better idea. Forego summons period. Never have them. They are a nightmare to balance and a total mess in large scale PvP. Rangers, Druids and Wizards can be plenty powerful without them.

I'd personally actually be totally fine with this lol

I suspect there are many in the player base though who are really looking forward to the inclusion of those game elements. Balancing and all that will be a hurdle we will have to cross when it comes time for it.

Much like wizards are fine without summons of any type in the current game though I think Rangers could be as well and I hope they consider asking us if we would prefer that first up over other options.
Azure_Zero
Using the Same Logic you could have Half-monks as a voting option as well.

This is due to the fact that monks don't just fight unarmed, as they also have weapons.
And some of it's other features are already in the game like the ranger (i.e. Evasion).
Rynnik
Azure_Zero
Using the Same Logic you could have Half-monks as a voting option as well.

This is due to the fact that monks don't just fight unarmed, as they also have weapons.
And some of it's other features are already in the game like the ranger (i.e. Evasion).

Do you think that would alleviate whatever the issue is for monks? I got the impression there were much bigger tech holdups for monk specifically. Beyond even those for druid.

If you are right that sounds great though. Feel free to start a thread on it!
deisum
My understanding for Monks is that unarmed combat will require a ton of new animations and new code.
Rynnik
deisum
My understanding for Monks is that unarmed combat will require a ton of new animations and new code.

Fair enough but it seems reasonable to assume that Rangers will NOT require tons of new code and animation and thus the idea to have them be the next role added, in an incomplete manner, much like clerics have been since launch of EE.
Giorgio
A Ranger without Pet Tech ™ is something I would encourage. We already have many proto-Rangers (Fighter/Rogues) in game and the sooner they get upgrade to a full Ranger role, the better.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Kero
I agree, my Archer/Rogue would definitely consider switching to Ranger even without any pets in the game.
KarlBob
Kero
I agree, my Archer/Rogue would definitely consider switching to Ranger even without any pets in the game.
Same here with my Archer/Rogue/Cleric.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post