Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Run character script on start up of patcher

leigh
Can we get the script that runs at the top of every hour to run on startup of the patcher? This should not add any noticeable amount of time to the patcher.

This is the script for the character crashing (waiting on character) bug.
Azure_Zero
It is likely a server-side script, and requires access to data that is only on the server side.
so you can not use that script on the client side even if you wanted to.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Conceivably they could make it server-side, but client requestable, instead of hourly.

Edit: or simply a basic part of client connect, to scan for valid position.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Nihimon
Yeah, it seems like hooking this script up to the Character Login process - and running for that Character only - would be pretty useful.

The fact that it's a server-side script is immaterial. Practically everything that happens in-game happens on the server due to a request from a client.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
leigh
Power that be, please make this happen, if it can be done. Losing game time waiting for a script to run is really aggravating.
Kitsune
Well, the script thing was only supposed to be a stop-gap measure while they resolved the true problem of people falling through the world. I believe they are spending their resources on trying to fix the problem, rather than spend resources making the bandaid less itchy.
Gog
Agreed that the script is a stopgap. With that said, though, running the script on the three characters on an account when that particular account runs the patcher makes perfect sense, and is both friendlier and more efficient than running it on the whole character database once an hour.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Ryan Dancey
The script is a server-side process, not a client side process and it is fairly intensive which is why we only run it once an hour.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Ryan, what we are asking for is a version of the script that runs on the server for that account only whenever a user logs in. Instead of checking every character every hour it checks at most three characters when somebody logs in. Reducing the load on the server, while ensuring no one is locked out for an hour.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Dazyk of Phaeros
Unless fifty people are all logging in characters at the same time, or in rapid succession…
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post