Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dev Blog: The Arrival of Influence

Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'm guessing it's more likely that Thod is correct in his premise that something is off somewhere. I've not seen anything in the math that leads me to think it's reasonable for one person to accumulate 75 influence in one day. I'd expect it to take a pretty devoted player a day to accumulate 10.

Maybe the UI is wrong by a significant magnitude or something because I didn't check anything - I just recorded the number I saw.

Or maybe the math is complete wrong and is missing part of the puzzle but I got 75 influence to show in the interface and I did NOTHING that constituted crazy grinding for me anyhow.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tork Shaw
Yrme
I think that is a big part of the design. The Devs really don't want two main power blocs and the server controlled by a handful of micromanagers. They want friction, internal and external, for organizations.

All this, yep! smile
Yrme
Kero
Rynnik: either there is something wrong with the formula we are using to estimate total influence right now or with the one that's used in game…

I picked up .066 Influence for 1 wolf kill. I'm already at Wolf Slayer 8.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Ulf Stonepate
Yrme
Kero
Rynnik: either there is something wrong with the formula we are using to estimate total influence right now or with the one that's used in game…

You got .033 for the wolf kill, and another .033 for the weapon used. Are you at [Weapon] Expert 8 as well?

As for Rynnik's numbers, the devs did say there would be a one-time accrual to include all the feats already earned. His 75 influence may have been obtained in a single day, but earned during his entire play time.
Rynnik
Ulf Stonepate
His 75 influence may have been obtained in a single day, but earned during his entire play time.

Nope that is still to come.

To get everyone started in the Influence system we are going to be running a process to allocate starting Influence to all Companies that exist during the April 2nd downtime based on the total Achievement points earned by the Company members and the size of the Company.
Source: https://goblinworks.com/blog/the-arrival-of-influence/
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Yrme
Ulf Stonepate
Yrme

You got .033 for the wolf kill, and another .033 for the weapon used. Are you at [Weapon] Expert 8 as well?

As for Rynnik's numbers, the devs did say there would be a one-time accrual to include all the feats already earned. His 75 influence may have been obtained in a single day, but earned during his entire play time.

[Weapon] Expert 10. Good catch, I had forgotten the two sources. But it does appear that each kill we make is disregarding our actual achievement levels, and granting the company Influence as if we are brand new characters.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Tork Shaw
Yrme
But it does appear that each kill we make is disregarding our actual achievement levels, and granting the company Influence as if we are brand new characters.

Wait, how are you identifying how much influence you are getting for each action?
Yrme
@Tork, my character is the company leader and until today had no-one in the company. I check the company's current influence, kill something, wait a few beats to check the new influence. The gain is the influence from one kill, right? I'd think it would take into account my character's current achievement levels, but I really don't expect that until EE7. I'm assuming all of the numbers get recalced then.
Tuoweit
Yrme
@Tork, my character is the company leader and until today had no-one in the company. I check the company's current influence, kill something, wait a few beats to check the new influence. The gain is the influence from one kill, right? I'd think it would take into account my character's current achievement levels, but I really don't expect that until EE7. I'm assuming all of the numbers get recalced then.

I think you are not supposed to be getting any influence at all if your company is < 6 people.
Tork Shaw
Tuoweit
I think you are not supposed to be getting any influence at all if your company is < 6 people.

Yupyup. But never fear! Turns out the bones of the Influence system are in but not the meat so all your earnings/observations will be skewy for a little while.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post