Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dev Blog: The Arrival of Influence

Giorgio
Tork:

1- Your last post lost its orange color.
2- There have been LOTS of threads on influence; have the devs kept up to date, or do you need us to post links to the most recent and hotly debated threads here and on Paizo? (Grin)
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Tork Shaw
Giorgio
Tork:

1- Your last post lost its orange color.

2- There have been LOTS of threads on influence; have the devs kept up to date, or do you need us to post links to the most recent and hotly debated threads here and on Paizo? (Grin)

1) I'm Scottish. I do not tan well.
2) I cant think of anything I'd like more smile Let me add, however, that implementation of any ideas for the expenditure of influence will be some ways off… I am also SUPER-BRUTAL about what I consider appropriate use of influence. The reason for the whole system stems from the nightmare that is the war-dec system in Darkfall which relies on gold. Gold is an extremely abusable resource and so has no place directly determining PvP ownership and conflict. Influence is not meant to become a currency in the same way, so I'm keen that it doesnt start doing too many things in game.
Stephen Cheney
(Tork's forum permissions have gone wonky today so I've been going behind and oranging his posts for him. It sometimes takes me a little while to notice he's made a new one smile .)
Edam
So - to clarify - if a company has less than 6 members it cannot have influence at all. ?

Question: If a company of 6 gets enough influence to have holdings and then loses a member so it drops to 5 members what happens to the holdings ?
Tork Shaw
Edam
So - to clarify - if a company has less than 6 members it cannot have influence at all. ?

Question: If a company of 6 gets enough influence to have holdings and then loses a member so it drops to 5 members what happens to the holdings ?
Correct.
They will lose them. Their max influence will drop to 0 and they will not be able to hold anything. Like a snake. Or a Marilith already carrying four things. Or one of those grabber machines you get at arcades.
Giorgio
Tork Shaw
1) I'm Scottish. I do not tan well.
2) I cant think of anything I'd like more. smile

Will find them and post them links here.

Also, there is a thread in the crowdforging forum with your name on it, can you pass by and take a look? (Grin)
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Tuoweit
Tork Shaw
they will not be able to hold anything. Like a snake. Or a Marilith already carrying four things. Or one of those grabber machines you get at arcades.

<3 (I can't Like this post, so this will have to do.)
KarlBob
Yup, those grabber machines are pretty darned terrible at holding things.
Edam
Tuoweit
Tork Shaw
they will not be able to hold anything. Like a snake. Or a Marilith already carrying four things. Or one of those grabber machines you get at arcades.

<3 (I can't Like this post, so this will have to do.)

The other I can see here is this:
- if you have a viable company of say 10 members and stacks of influence built up and that company splits into two 5 member companies after some political dispute, all of that accumulated influence seems like it will evaporate into thin air and be lost forever.

KarlBob
Yup, those grabber machines are pretty darned terrible at holding things.

Well … they would not exactly be a profitable exercise for the owner if the grabber actually worked reliably would they smile
Tink says Stab

So, to be clear, the backlog of influence is going to go through before the end of the War of the Towers, yeah?

If that is the case, someone is going to get screwed by it being in that order. The War of the Towers basically requires that large groups put everyone into a holding company for tower captures. Otherwise tower attacks and tower defences just turn into a clusterfuck. If influence is only backlogged once, then all of those people are going to miss out on their hard earned influence going to their preferred company.

I would strongly suggest that the developers have a good think about turning the WoT into a Settlement wide ownership if they are going to push players into breaking up the holding companies prematurely.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post