Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

PFU Keepside chat with Tork, 3/25 8PM EDT

PFU Hoffman
With perfect timing (in light of influence and settlement discussions) Pathfinder University will be holding a Keepside chat with GW's Tork on Wednesday, 3/25 at 8PM EDT. For those who don't know, Tork is the man behind Settlements.

Join us on the University mumble at golarion.mumble.com port 3093. You can send your questions for Tork via PM to Hoffman or post them here.

About Pathfinder University: PFU is a company for players in their first 90 days. We hold daily classes and events. We have RiverBank as a training ground and provide support both in the help channel and on the University mumble at golarion.mumble.com port 3093. For more info on PFU check out http://www.pathfinderuniversity.com and our class schedule is at http://class.pathfinderuniversity.com.
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Azure_Zero
Super sweet
We should prepare a list of questions that will yield maximum information.
Tyncale
I would like to know if a Company that consist mostly of dedicated crafters and refiners, will be able to maintain a Holding (that fits their expertise, like a Mine maybe) purely by their crafting and refining activities, or wether they still have to go out and kill goblins and get PvP achievements and such.

I realize that Defense will fall upon others if the Holding would be attacked, so mostly wondering if Crafters doing their thing will be sufficient to operate a Holding and be a boon for the Settlement.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Jokken
My question lies in the details involved in the transition from the War of Towers to the Holdings system. Will performance over time in WoT effect the amount of settlement resources allotted to each settlement for use in initial settlement construction? Will holdings use a similar capture/defense system as WoT? After the Great Catastrophe, will players be locked out of high level training trained during WoT until their new proto settlement gains the training facilities required to support high level training?

I would appreciate if these were addressed. I know that many in my settlement would like to know the answers.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Nihimon
Tyncale
I would like to know if a Company that consist mostly of dedicated crafters and refiners, will be able to maintain a Holding (that fits their expertise, like a Mine maybe) purely by their crafting and refining activities, or wether they still have to go out and kill goblins and get PvP achievements and such.

Tier 1 Common +0 through +3 for Refiners yields ~1.33 Influence. Another ~1.33 for Tier 1 Uncommon, for ~2.66. Each Tier 1 Common +3 that you've gotten just to get Crafting Points (Wool Mittens, anyone?) is another ~1.33 Influence. If you've gotten as many of those as you could, you probably have around 12 to 15 Influence as an individual. If there are another 8 or 9 folks like you, then yeah, y'all should be able to form a Company together and have enough Influence to claim a Holding.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Tyncale
I think I will be able to claim a holding with my company but I am wondering how we go from there. Will having claimed a Holding simply add a set amount to a settlements DI? And then the Outposts supply the settlement with Bulk Goods? I know there's information out there how this works, but it is so scattered. I am sure we will learn a lot more in the next blog, I can't wait.

I am wondering if the activities of the crafters in the Holding-owning company will add somehow to the DI bonus that the Holding gives. That sort of thing.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
PFU Hoffman
Great questions and I am really looking forward to this chat. It will be recorded and posted with the others at http://YouTube.pathfinderuniversity.com.
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.
Giorgio
References:

1- Can you make different versions of a holding/outpost? Holding (Watchtower) +0, Holding (Watchtower) +1…

2- Are you encouraging builders to specialize in one construction skill (one PC each for engineer, carpenter and stonemason) or or multiple skills (one PC a stonemason and carpenter)?

3- Will you let us know in advance what buildings are available, where they can be built, what they do, and what you need to build them so we can adequately prepare our companies?

4- Does one company have to build all the holdings and outposts in a single hex, or can each structure be built by a separate company if they all belong to the same settlement?

5- Can a size 20 (or so) company build a Watchtower (or other defense structure) multiple hexes away from its settlement (say 3-12 hexes distance)?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Azure_Zero
Glad we got some sweet questions

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post