Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Tech feedback from Buddy Key visitors

KarlBob
Kitsune
I know that my CPU gets a bit warm at times, but I'm actually using the stock cooler on my overclocked i7-4790K (Devil's Canyon - I love the name of it). No major heat issues - seems to keep below 50C in even the worst circumstances.

Then again, I'm using the original Antec Skeleton (open-air) case.
I like the look of open-air cases, and they must be great for cooling. Too bad I have cats. "No, that is not a toy! It's not for chewing, either."
Edam
KarlBob
Kitsune
I know that my CPU gets a bit warm at times, but I'm actually using the stock cooler on my overclocked i7-4790K (Devil's Canyon - I love the name of it). No major heat issues - seems to keep below 50C in even the worst circumstances.

Then again, I'm using the original Antec Skeleton (open-air) case.
I like the look of open-air cases, and they must be great for cooling. Too bad I have cats. "No, that is not a toy! It's not for chewing, either."

Like this ?

Or this one?

Cats love computer hardware.
KarlBob
Yup, I imagine it would go a lot like that.
ThargilIronpike
Looked into my system and have an "AMD A8-6500 APU Radeon with HD Graphics, 3.50 GHz". Runs one session fairly well, two poorly. Three extremely poorly, only use for banking and tower camping.
Edam
ThargilIronpike
Looked into my system and have an "AMD A8-6500 APU Radeon with HD Graphics, 3.50 GHz". Runs one session fairly well, two poorly. Three extremely poorly, only use for banking and tower camping.

Yeah I had a friend was told by a local PC shop to buy an AMD as the "A8 is like a step up from the Intel i7 because it has 6 cores".

It runs the game OK but my i5 runs it faster.
Kitsune
Edam
ThargilIronpike

Yeah I had a friend was told by a local PC shop to buy an AMD as the "A8 is like a step up from the Intel i7 because it has 6 cores".

It runs the game OK but my i5 runs it faster.

Your poor friend.
Tink says Stab
It hurts me so, so much…
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Midnight
I've been paying closer attention to what I'm doing when my video card fan gets ramped up enough to sound like it is in pain.

Having an instance of PFO sitting at the character selection screen is the first thing I've pinpointed.

Simply logging in brings instant relief.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post