Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Can I buy Destiny's twin?

chad4hale
I do not see this in the Goblin works store. I wish that it was. I would like the opportunity to purchase destiny's twin. Can I get a witness?smile
Thod-Theodum
You can't buy a Destiny Twin from Goblin Works. These accounts have been purely sold during the Kickstarter.

You can buy DT accounts second hand and there is a market of players disillusioned with the game as sellers and new players who like the game and started late to get in.

A few issues:
a) watch out for scams. GW isn't helping you if something goes wrong and I heard of one or two scammed buyers as well as sellers. The problem is that as buyer you want to test the account - as seller if you allow someone to test the account they can just claim it as long as they have the password.
b) with luck you even get DT accounts with XP backdated from the start of the game - that would be 200K.
c) you pay for these accounts - the more XP the more you pay
d) you can't change any XP spend, names and races given

I have arranged a few sales as settlement leader to new players as well as old players who signed up with me and never really played. So my advice - check with any settlement you want to join as this sometimes allows to overcome the scam issues if you are known and the leader / other members know the seller.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
chad4hale
Nope, Not gonna do that. reading the rules for destiny's twin makes it clear that it is all to easy to "Break" destiny's twin: in this case I could imagine the seller having "Broken" it already, or reporting the account as hacked…

So, no. I won't buy a second hand account.
The purpose of the original post was to make known My desire to be able to purchase Destiny's twin - Via the GW store. Not via any other way that isn't officially endorsed.
Nihimon
[quote="chad4hale"The purpose of the original post was to make known My desire to be able to purchase Destiny's twin - Via the GW store.

Goblinworks will never offer Destiny's Twin directly again.

chad4hale
Not via any other way that isn't officially endorsed.

Eventually, there may be a way to buy a second-hand account that has been verified by Goblinworks as still being in working order, etc. But that may not be for quite some time.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Thod-Theodum
@chad4hale
As Nihimon says - they won't come back. And I only tried to be helpful. I have sold 4 DT accounts so far. This hasn't been for the money but rather to ensure some unused accounts get players that truly value them. This worked because some of the accounts originated from my original guild pledge or because I know personally the seller and they handed me the password on trust to make the deal.
And the recipients had been known to me as well through playing for a while (either in my alliance or in the PFU). The 'open market' would likely have maximized the amount I could have got for the accounts but would have also risked more problems.
I wouldn't like to buy an account from someone unknown either - that is why I tried to give advice. Some people are more desperate to get their hands on a DT account. Oh - and there seems to be even an alpha account for sale on the paizo board.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Thod-Theodum
Nihimon
Eventually, there may be a way to buy a second-hand account that has been verified by Goblinworks as still being in working order, etc. But that may not be for quite some time.

Certified by Thod as a working PFS EL account is the best that I can offer smile
Ryan Dancey
There are a lot of potential Destinys Twin accounts that aren't a transfer. The Crowdforger Buddy and Crowdforger Guild rewards issue "tickets" like a buddy invite ticket when they are distributed.
chad4hale
Ryan Dancey
There are a lot of potential Destinys Twin accounts that aren't a transfer. The Crowdforger Buddy and Crowdforger Guild rewards issue "tickets" like a buddy invite ticket when they are distributed.

Sigh:
1. Now, I have no idea who to talk to…
2. I have no idea how any of the above work…
3. Doesn't a "Buddy ticket" cheapen the idea of an "Exclusive" feature that others paid for?
(*Hi, I paid $50 to get this; but you can have it too just because!*)

Well, if someone feels like extending one such ticket out to my person, I will be grateful.
KarlBob
Crowdforger Buddy isn't a "cheapening" afterthought. It was a defined pledge level in the second Kickstarter campaign. It was intended as a way to get two accounts together (for a couple or a pair of friends, for example). Similarly, Crowdforger Guild was a way to get accounts for the core members of a guild all at once.
Edam
chad4hale
Ryan Dancey

Sigh:
1. Now, I have no idea who to talk to…
2. I have no idea how any of the above work…
3. Doesn't a "Buddy ticket" cheapen the idea of an "Exclusive" feature that others paid for?
(*Hi, I paid $50 to get this; but you can have it too just because!*)

Well, if someone feels like extending one such ticket out to my person, I will be grateful.
You are misunderstanding.

There are two ways to get a Destiny Twin and both involve buying something from a player who pledged back at Kickstart time. As far as I know these are your options:

1. Buy an entire DT account (which may possibly have also already been activated back at the start of EE and have acrued XP) which will have game time and the option for two characters on it a main and a DT. You are buying a DT account with two characters on it.
2. Buy a buddy/guild addon from someone that pledged extra money at Kickstart time for a multiple DT deal and then add a new DT character (with the ticket you get) to an existing PFO single account. These addons add a DT to a single char account and also usually add some game time plus whatever extras the backer paid for. You are buying the ability to add a DT to an existing account that does not already have one.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post