Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

A Question for Nihimon

Nihimon
The first rule about Moderation is that you don't talk about Moderation…
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Wyspr
Kitsune
TheGoodfellow
… tooltips prior to purchase needs to be the next thing implemented. … Seriously <begging> tooltips!!

Indeed, seriously. I am quite surprised there were no patch notes for tooltips this week, as I feel that this is currently the primary deterrent for two of my friends playing Alpha. Quite simply, they have absolutely no way of knowing what is worth purchasing and what is not - apart from scouring through the spreadsheets/wiki, or simply repeatedly re-rolling characters. Neither of these should be required to be able to casually play the game.

Now that we have Cold Start, I feel that these tooltips are essential. We can't afford to waste XP on feats that don't do what we expect.

I would urge that these tooltips become "very high" priority, even going as far as implementing them outside of the 2-week cadence, and implement them during next week's outage.

Sheesh, don't I sound demanding?

I think two of my alpha invites are in the same boat, they want to play and test but don't have enough hours to scour thought spreadsheets just to know what should be in a tool tip. I also find it odd that so many things like this are needed less than 3 weeks from EE.
shhh…
Dazyk of Phaeros
Do you provoke opportunity EVERY time you move?

The only exceptions then would be active feats like charge or bull rush which do not specifically say "Provokes Opportunity"; is that correct?
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Kitsune
On that subject, I would like to see some clearer indications on what effects are on you, and on your opponents. I know it's on the current HUD (which I'm told will be completely redesigned soon), but I'd really like a clear indicator somewhere on the screen as to what effects are on me, how many seconds are left on them, etc. Conversely, I'd like to know what are on the opponent's as well, at a "targeting glance" (instead of hovering over tiny icons and such).

Just voicing that opinion.
Dazyk of Phaeros
I agree. Especially since there are SO many effects…
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Stephen Cheney
You provoke Opportunity whenever you move at normal speed or run during combat. You can use Shift to toggle into walking while you're moving (the same way you use Ctrl to toggle into running; i.e., it will go back to normal speed when you stop moving), and that does not provoke. (And, yes, we've had numerous conversations about how that's kinda awkward to press and how we can improve it long term. smile )
Kitsune
Dazyk

Wait, how many are there?
Nihimon
Kitsune
Dazyk

Wait, how many are there?

The Effects spreadsheet Valkenr pulled out of the Alpha Introduction guide lists 72.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Stephen Cheney
You provoke Opportunity whenever you move at normal speed or run during combat. You can use Shift to toggle into walking while you're moving (the same way you use Ctrl to toggle into running; i.e., it will go back to normal speed when you stop moving), and that does not provoke. (And, yes, we've had numerous conversations about how that's kinda awkward to press and how we can improve it long term. smile )

Agreed. (I hate being the type who says:"all the OTHER guys do it like this…", but) most other MMOs have a hard toggle to switch from walking to running, which only deactivates once pressed again. That would work PERFECTLY in PFO, and would actually get USED… Unlike walk/run in other games I've played. Why would you walk when you can run?

Nihimon
I'm with Dazyk on this one. A real toggle, instead of a toggle that turns itself off when you stop moving, would be nice.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post