Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

We need a policy about shrine camping

Nihimon
Ryan Dancey
And it has to be something the community can universally agree on and transmit to new players because it won't be a game mechanic for quite some time.

They need to actually quit the field. If they consistently come back as soon as they can, they need to be considered "fair game" until their gear is broken, which is the only thing that can force them to quit the field, if only momentarily.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Decius
Given that mechanical changes are off the table for quite some time, the only solution I see is to treat known enemies and unknown characters differently. That adds significant problems, but easy identification of Company Affiliation resolves some of them.
Decius
Nihimon
Ryan Dancey
And it has to be something the community can universally agree on and transmit to new players because it won't be a game mechanic for quite some time.

They need to actually quit the field. If they consistently come back as soon as they can, they need to be considered "fair game" until their gear is broken, which is the only thing that can force them to quit the field, if only momentarily.
What can a hostile character do to credibly signal that they are actually quitting the field? Ideally this would be something that is low-cost if one is actually quitting the field, but high-cost if one is trying to perform a ruse.

Should 'transporting threaded equipment with nonzero durability' be consistent with 'quitting the field'?
Ryan Dancey
There are a lot of emotes. We could try to repurpose one as a generally accepted "I yield" sign.

And I agree with Nihimon, it has to be coupled with immediate withdrawal.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Rynnik
Dazyk of Phaeros
I understand what you are doing here, Rynnik, but I think that impersonating another player or a member of Goblinworks actually specifically breaks the ToS for the forums. Could you please edit your post to explicitly indicate that those quotes are not Nihimon's, for the ones of us who don' read good.
Nah, should be fine. Reviewing it I don't think there is ANY way to mistake my intent and obviously I wasn't going for impersonation.

On the interwebs, there is ALWAYS a way…
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Dazyk of Phaeros
Ryan Dancey
There are a lot of emotes. We could try to repurpose one as a generally accepted "I yield" sign.

/plead

EDIT: This is the emote I used to use when I was constantly changing my keybinds and hitting people by accident.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

New Guy
Ryan Dancey

And what is your enforcement mechanism? Have you not read these forums? These people cannot even agree what the meaning of the word "is" is…

If this is your going forward policy, expect hundreds of he said, she said complaints, arguments and rants.
Edam
Calidor
Ryan Dancey

And what is your enforcement mechanism? Have you not read these forums? These people cannot even agree what the meaning of the word "is" is…

If this is your going forward policy, expect hundreds of he said, she said complaints, arguments and rants.
lol .. it's the interwebs.

Two real life football teams can bash cr@p out of each other on field and then have a beer together afterwards. That is impossible on the internet because as a group we have but a fraction of the social skills and maturity of even football jocks smile
Dazyk of Phaeros
Easy now!

I'd have a beer with Tink or Phyllain. Any day.

Rynnik
Dazyk of Phaeros
Easy now!

I'd have a beer with Tink or Phyllain. Any day.

I'll buy. I'll even get Decius a nice sparkly umbrella drink!
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post