Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder University Is Moving!

Lisa Stevens
Because of the amazing job that Hoffman and his team of super incredible faculty at Pathfinder University are doing helping new players get their bearings in Pathfinder Online, we have decided to move the University closer to Thornkeep, where in the very near future, all new players will start their journey in the River Kingdoms. More details about how Goblinworks is going to highlight the work that PFU is doing in the game will be forthcoming, but because we moved the University for EE7, which is going live on Zog tomorrow, we wanted to give the community a heads up.

PFU is still going to be run by the players, for the players, but we wanted them to be closer to where new players are going to enter the game rather than their current location in the lower left side of the map. As we start to ramp up marketing to bring in new players and more features are added to the game, we felt that new players stood the best chance of acclimating to the game system if they had the wonderful folks at PFU to help them. The outpouring of support from the PFO community has been amazing–I have seen everyone step up to make newbies welcome with offers of adventuring companionship and even free gear. As we move more and more players into the game, the efforts of PFU needed to be closer to where new players are entering the game.

Hoffman and his team will still be running the show, it will just now be with a bunch more love and attention from Goblinworks. The new PFU commons grounds will be at the sight of Old Kindleburn (ie. the place that Kindleburn was on the map during Alpha before we moved it south a bit. I'll let Hoffman jump in here with more details, but I just wanted to let you know that they have Goblinwork's admiration and support for the work they are doing for the whole live server.

Thanks for making PFO such as amazing game already! I look forward to working with y'all to complete the initial design and get this baby to a larger audience!

-Lisa
Edam
ooh better empty my KB vault.

Good news, PFO do an amazing job.

Will they get to keep all the starter town buildings or have the old PFU layout ?
Dazyk of Phaeros
Congrats PFU!
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Tyncale
This is fantastic. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Garric Orcsbane
The impressive thing is they way they are harnessing the Tarrasque to Riverbank to haul it to it's new location.
Midnight
The real question is… how long until Ogg follows them? smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tyncale
JAHunt
The impressive thing is they way they are harnessing the Tarrasque to Riverbank to haul it to it's new location.
That would be an awesome sight.

Something like this: Huge animal carrying a village.

But more scary. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tink says Stab
I know that you said Hoffman would be along shortly with details, but I have a few questions that I would like answered.

Towers: what will be happening with the Towers that PFU currently hold? Will Riverbank still be there, just left empty? Will this new settlement need towers? If it does need towers, will more be being added around this new settlement? The area they are being moved to was never designed to support another player settlement.

Training: what level of training will the settlement support? What *kind* of training? Will the training be tied to their ability to hold towers?

Politics: how will you guarantee that a Goblinworks sponsored settlement remains apolitical? This is especially important if that settlement requires towers to support itself.

I'm happy to hear that PFU is being moved to a better position, I just have a few concerns.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyncale
I agree, very few towers in that particular area, so they'll be competing with Kreuz Bernstein heavily.

For those that wonder where Old Kindleburn was: as far as I can see it is Hex 5,1

You can still see the Town layout in that Hex.
PFU Hoffman
Thanks Lisa and All.

To answer a few questions (a formal statement will be out later tonight):

1. RiverBank will become a 'dead' settlement. PFU will now be at 5,1 as University Commons, a PC Crafting Settlement. In this way there will not be a 'new' settlement looking for resources, towers, etc.
2. PFU companies and towers will be transferred to University Commons. This means the influence and towers from those companies will just be attached to the new home of PFU. We still plan on holding the 6 towers we currently have (even though they will be across the map, the magic will still work).
3. Training - We are going to encourage new players to use Kindleburn, Thornkeep and others for their initial training. We do want them to be actively visiting other settlements.
4. Politics - PFU survives by gaining server support. GW is not 'sponsoring' PFU, in my mind the server (all of the companies that have signed on) sponsor PFU. GW has talked about posting our class schedule publicly, and telling people PFU exists but that same schedule should post any other events. (i.e. the NW's regular Saturday Escalation) Tink, I am sure you would be the second to undermine me and wipe PFU out if it ever became a rogue superpower. I say second because Foxglove, my actual second in command, has already promised to be the first to undermine me, and I appreciate the check and balance.

Midnight, if OGG shows up around PFU I am calling you to help wipe him out. It is terrible to say but the best thing in the move is getting rid of him.
Pathfinder University - A place for new players in their first 90 days.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post