Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bad vs Wrong

Rynnik
tribuzio
What are my available instruments?
a) taking away the towers of your settlement if your settlement care about that, but it will likely escalate into an all out war
or
b) kill you so many times that you chose easier picking.

So I chose b)

Instead of your A or B you could also:

c) hire guards

d) practice pvp to become a legitimate hard target without resorting to griefing

e) harvest in your large enough group that PvP skill doesn't matter

f) move your harvesting locations around so you can't be tracked

g) …

This is a sandbox. The only real limiters of your options are your imagination, game mechanics, and that line which you should never cross into the realm of doing things this community is very clear are wrong. Shrine camping is one of those activities.

Would you think it was positive game play if I came down and when I found you gathering I killed you, then ran down to the shrine and killed you again, and then kept killing you until you were forced to log out? No, of course not. And it isn't positive gameplay if you do it either, and pending GW's released policy you may be putting your account in jeopardy to do it!

I highly suggest you consider one of the many other available options open to you. Griefing isn't ever the right solution. smile
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
tribuzio
Rynnik
tribuzio
What are my available instruments?
a) taking away the towers of your settlement if your settlement care about that, but it will likely escalate into an all out war
or
b) kill you so many times that you chose easier picking.

So I chose b)

Instead of your A or B you could also:

c) hire guards

In a game? Are you serious? Who would be willing to play guards for hours twiddling his thumbs, beside gold farmes?
Rynnik
d) practice pvp to become a legitimate hard target without resorting to griefing

What I am doing in my example? Ah, yes, killing the attacker.
And no, becoming a master of PvP isn't my goal, not gathering stuff in heavy armor.
And why you call it griefing? Simply because you don't like to be lose equipment while getting your PvP fun?

Rynnik
e) harvest in your large enough group that PvP skill doesn't matter

Third useless suggestion. Have you noticed that only 1 person can gather from 1 node? And that there are mechanics against over harvesting a hex?

Rynnik
f) move your harvesting locations around so you can't be tracked

Easy to do when there is only 1 hex where you can harvest more than 2 units of coal in a hour within a 15 hex radius. You can say the same that for other raw resources.

Rynnik
g) …

This is a sandbox. The only real limiters of your options are your imagination, game mechanics, and that line which you should never cross into the realm of doing things this community is very clear are wrong. Shrine camping is one of those activities.

Rynnik, all your replies amount to "This is a sandbox. Play in the way in which I wish you to play."

Rynnik
Would you think it was positive game play if I came down and when I found you gathering I killed you, then ran down to the shrine and killed you again, and then kept killing you until you were forced to log out? No, of course not. And it isn't positive gameplay if you do it either, and pending GW's released policy you may be putting your account in jeopardy to do it!

I highly suggest you consider one of the many other available options open to you. Griefing isn't ever the right solution. smile

I see your reply is always "If you damage me, it is griefing".

Either you don't have read all my post, included the suggestion from a brief invulnerability when respawning, or you are so set on your idea that all should play in a way that endorse your way of gaming that you are unwilling to think about what I wrote.

All of your "solutions" either are inapplicable or will force people into playing how you want people to play. Your gamestyle isn't superior to mine or that of any other player. Nor it is inferior.
But I should have ways to damage you when yu are damaging me, and those shouldn't be "become a clone of Rynnik".
Tigari
um..did I miss something Rynnik said? All he did was give you MORE options..he didn't say anything against your previous ones. Pretty sure "you could also" was part of that quote. He said nothing along the lines of "Only his playstyle" or "become a clone of Rynnik". Also, he never said "if you damage him, its griefing", he said that the same action to either side (spawncamping), is griefing.
tribuzio
Tigari
um..did I miss something Rynnik said? All he did was give you MORE options..he didn't say anything against your previous ones. Pretty sure "you could also" was part of that quote. He said nothing along the lines of "Only his playstyle" or "become a clone of Rynnik". Also, he never said "if you damage him, its griefing", he said that the same action to either side (spawncamping), is griefing.
When he class my solution as griefing and don't address my attempt to find a way to remove the griefing part while keeping the "I damage you" part, he is not "giving more options", he is saying "your options are unacceptable, play as I wish" and then giving instruction on how he wish me to play.
Consider that the griefing part is more perception than reality, born of the respawning mechanics and could be fixed correcting them.
Tigari
He classed your solution as griefing? was your solution spawn camping? if so then i'd agree :S. But idk if it's worth continuing this conversation, as there seems to be a break in the communication. Either the message is not being delivered or received correctly. So, with all due respect, I'm bowing out. Enjoy.
tribuzio
Tigari
He classed your solution as griefing? was your solution spawn camping? if so then i'd agree :S. But idk if it's worth continuing this conversation, as there seems to be a break in the communication. Either the message is not being delivered or received correctly. So, with all due respect, I'm bowing out. Enjoy.

My solution was keeping the pressure up against someone until he leave the area.
That as the appearance of spawn camping as the the current mechanics have the character reappear a few second later in a position that is a few meters away from the last battle after he has been killed close to a shrine.
I have proposed here and in the other thread a couple of solutions for that.

I fail to see why "I have been killed once, now I shouldn't be attacked" should work for an aggressor after he has killed several times.
The applicable penalty should be proportional to the damage done.

You want an alternative? If someone has killed non red people in the last 24 hours he should suffer a level of damage to his equipment equal to the number of non red people killed in the last 24 hours or after his last death, applying the lower of the two numbers.
That way there is no need to kill him several times to get even with the damage he has done.

As I see it, you guys want to be able to dish out several deaths but be able to call "truce" after you have been killed once.
For me that is stacking the deck in your favor. If you kill 3 persons I should have access to a way to return the favor without the need to have to play as you wish and not as I wish.
Phyllain
If you want to spawn camp people you are a griefer. End of conversation.
Tink says Stab
I find it hilarious that the Lawful Evil group shows more PvP integrity than some people who espouse themselves as anti-griefer.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tinkerton
I find it hilarious that the Lawful Evil group shows more PvP integrity than some people who espouse themselves as anti-griefer.

The same goes for Chaotic Neutral, would be bandits. We wouldn't even consider spawn camping. If I had suggested this idea, I have no doubt I would have been labeled "pro griefer" almost instantly.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Decius
Phyllain
If you want to spawn camp people you are a griefer. End of conversation.
If you want to escape, take off your armor and get killed once. That's enough sign that you surrendered for anyone.

Want to keep your armor? Anyone who you are at war with has a meaningful reason to destroy it.

I'd include weapons, but it's only easy to make sure you don't have armor.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post