Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Bad vs Wrong

tribuzio
Midnight
shrine camping ONE bandit
Why you guys/gals/whatever always use that false argument?
It has already been removed from the discussion (beside asking for a definition of the extension of the repwaning immunity). And you again and again are putting it on the table.
Trying to break someone gear isn't the same thing as spawn camping him.
So why someone should get more blanket immunity after he has been killed one time?
The bandit target get that? "I have been already mugged today, I am immune" don't work. so why "I have already been defeated while trying to mug someone, I am immune from further attacks." should work?
Dazyk of Phaeros
Kitsune
Completely off-topic, but what do people outside the US say when counting like that?

And back on-topic again, if this can be proven reliable, it might help. But ideally, it would be nice if the attacker were to wait for hostile action, running back towards active combat area, or charging at the attacker.

In Canada we say "One, one-million, two, one-million, three…" Or at least, we did when we were kids smile
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Midnight
tribuzio
Midnight
It has already been removed from the discussion (beside asking for a definition of the extension of the repwaning immunity). And you again and again are putting it on the table.
So why someone should get more blanket immunity after he has been killed one time?
The bandit target get that? "I have been already mugged today, I am immune" don't work. so why "I have already been defeated while trying to mug someone, I am immune from further attacks." should work?

I can't imagine where I got that impression.

http://imgur.com/vziRsna
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
tribuzio
Kitsune
tribuzio
Kitsune
tribuzio
I want to break the equipment of the people killing me people to deter them. They are breaking my people equipment, so I don't see where is this disparity.

Then might I mediate a tad?

To some, "breaking their gear" sounds like "spawn-camp them 20 time."

I don't think that's what some of these people are trying to imply.

Perhaps this helps. Or has this already been covered?

Several times.
I have already acknowledged that as wrong.
And asked for a definition of "spawn camping".

So far we have "a guy is a valid target after respawning" if:
"he has moved more than 25 meter from the shrine"
"more than 20 seconds have passed from when he respawned"
"he moved in the wrong direction".

Not exactly what I was hitting at. Rather, it seems that some are saying "break their gear" (as a form of punishment, discouragement, warfare, etc.), yet others seem to be assuming that this means "spawn-camp them until their gear breaks."

And I think this assumption is hurting the conversation badly.

Or they are doing it for propaganda reasons.
Kitsune
tribuzio
And you again and again are putting it on the table.

Probably my fault for bringing it back up again - I was just still getting this vibe that people are assuming the terms were synonymous.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Rynnik
Kitsune
Completely off-topic, but what do people outside the US say when counting like that?
*serious answer to silly question*

1-and-2-and…

You are welcome… smile ( :Canadian pride: )

Beat me to it!! Damn Canadians!! Wait…

Rynnik
Kitsune
And back on-topic again, if this can be proven reliable, it might help.
One of the key problems I see with this though is the basis for evidence for GW… How do they action something, providing they do make a policy on shrine camping, if this is the basis for knowing if it is okay or not okay?

Kitsune
But ideally, it would be nice if the attacker were to wait for hostile action, running back towards active combat area, or charging at the attacker.
This.

The only problem with "running back" or "charging" is that the animations for those movements can be easily misconstrued; which is why I had previously suggested only taking action (attacking) a newly-spawned character if THEY have attacked you first. That way it is definitive. No ambiguity regarding the spawn-ee's intentions.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

tribuzio
Midnight
tribuzio
Midnight

I can't imagine where I got that impression.

http://imgur.com/vziRsna

Oh? Maybe a post about "you don't get 20 PvE-er kills without considerable effort" and how returning the favor would be inappropriate?

In a war you try to hurt the enemy. You enter my territory, I will follow you until you leave it and kill you as many times as possible without spawn camping you.

tribuzio
Dazyk of Phaeros
The only problem with "running back" or "charging" is that the animations for those movements can be easily misconstrued; which is why I had previously suggested only taking action (attacking) a newly-spawned character if THEY have attacked you first. That way it is definitive. No ambiguity regarding the spawn-ee's intentions.

Sorry, but why the intention of the character are relevant in a war?
We have agreed that there should be some (undefined) level of immunity after respawning. Enough that the gaming environment would load, the player had enough time to get his bearings and get full control of his character.

An optimal thing would be to make the character untargettable until 20 or even more seconds have elapsed or he has moved more than a set distance from the shrine. That way the guy trying to kill him wouldn't get for the advantage of an already targeted enemy.

If we are speaking of sportsmanlike events it is completely different, but in a war or if you are trying to discourage banditry there is no reason to show pity. We don't have other mechanics to punish someone, the only one we have is damaging is gear.

A lot of PvPers say "I haven't supported a kickstarter to get a form of defanged PvP."
Very well. But I haven't supported a kickstarter to be prohibited from trying to stop people that want to prey on me. (without resorting to spawn camping, there is no need for that)

KarlBob
If you want to participate in policing your territory, I suggest training enough combat skills so that you won't be slaughtered by the first enemy who blunders into the hex where you're gathering. If you're capable of fighting back, you may not always need to run.

If you're a pure gathering/crafting character, then run, and alert the combat characters in your settlement to the presence of invaders. It's not a pure gatherer's job to maintain territorial integrity. That's what the folks with bows, swords, wands and foci are for.

When I'm gathering on my relatively-pure refiner/gatherer, I'm ready to run every time I see a PC on my mini-map. When I'm gathering on my rogue/cleric, who happens to have one good gathering skill, I'll run from a group, but I might try to fight an individual.

You seem to be trying to be a settlement of one. The gatherer, the avenger of fallen gatherers, and the border patrol, all in one person.
Dazyk of Phaeros
tribuzio
Dazyk of Phaeros

Sorry, but why the intention of the character are relevant in a war?
We have agreed that there should be some (undefined) level of immunity after respawning. Enough that the gaming environment would load, the player had enough time to get his bearings and get full control of his character.

An optimal thing would be to make the character untargettable until 20 or even more seconds have elapsed or he has moved more than a set distance from the shrine. That way the guy trying to kill him wouldn't get for the advantage of an already targeted enemy.

If we are speaking of sportsmanlike events it is completely different, but in a war or if you are trying to discourage banditry there is no reason to show pity. We don't have other mechanics to punish someone, the only one we have is damaging is gear.

A lot of PvPers say "I haven't supported a kickstarter to get a form of defanged PvP."
Very well. But I haven't supported a kickstarter to be prohibited from trying to stop people that want to prey on me. (without resorting to spawn camping, there is no need for that)

Intention is important right now because we don't have the choice to be raised somewhere OTHER than right next to where we died. Therefore, I have no way of surrendering or escaping the battle if you keep killing me as soon as I move 10 meters from the shrine.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post