Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Live Server Release of v7.1

Dazyk of Phaeros
That sort of makes me wonder… What is the actual procedure for checking and validating a Bug report from players in the test game? Because I submitted a bug detailing that exact issue (feats unequipping) at around 9pm MST last night on the test (other than the fact that I didn't know it was due to hex boundaries).

What sort of priority is attributed to a bug report on test? It seems to me that someone would have had ample time this morning to see my bug report, reproduce it, and call for a delay on release.

Maybe you guys need to not be so focused on pumping out releases… I know I'm not the only one who would rather wait longer for a good build than have a bugged build pushed to live.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Doc
It could have, and probably should have, been detected within minutes of the update being applied to the Test Server. That fact that it might have been as late as 9PM before anybody noticed and reported it suggests to me that the current cadre of people with access to the Test server are not capable of fulfilling that role, for one reason or another.

But yeah, it could totally be the case that bug reports are being ignored.

Either way, the entirety of the QA process for this game is sub-standard. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with budget constraints and intense pressure to advance the game far quicker than its budget should really allow for - but that's how life is sometimes in the programming world.
Ryan Dancey
Update:

We have found and developed a server-side fix for the unslotting Feats. We are building a patch now which we'll test on our internal systems in a couple of phases and if we believe the fix is good, we'll plan on deploying it tomorrow morning (Saturday the 18th). When I can confirm that is the plan, I'll update again.
Ryan Dancey
So this was a really pernicous bug.

It didn't affect our GM or Tester characters, only "normal" characters. We spent most of yesterday setting up new Holdings & Outposts to test those systems, which means a lot of teleporting and item creation, so we were mostly using non-normal characters.

We did our standard starting character test of beginning with a brand new character, doing the tutorial, etc. All appeared ok. I actually did that test myself, and I did exit the starter hex and I was equipped with armor and armor feats, and I did not have them stripped when I crossed the Hex boundary. We observed both on Live and on Zog this morning that this was possible - sometimes a character crosses a Hex boundary without losing the Feats. It looks like I just "got lucky".

It isn't clear if these was a regression introduced between 7.1 and 7.0 but it may have been. We certainly had a lot of people on 7.0 testing last weekend, and nobody mentioned this issue. If it was a regression then it would only have affected characters yesterday, and since we were working like mad to test the Holdings & Outposts yesterday, we mostly weren't fighting anything or paying attention to passive Feats; a recipe for that kind of bug to slip under the radar.

I have escalated the issue of reviewing bug reports submitted on Zog. As you may have noticed if you submitted a bug report lately on Live, we've been processing those on a near-daily basis and responding to the people for whom a response would be useful. I think we need to add some additional steps into the review for Bugs from Zog especially the day before a Live deployment just to see if anyone found anything at the very last minute. Another lesson learned.
Dazyk of Phaeros
Yes I have noticed, as you–personally–have responded that you escallated bugs I've submitted on the live server to your team.

Thanks for the response, Ryan. You guys are doing an amazing job, keep fighting the good fight!
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Ryan Dancey
Update:

We are going to deploy a server-side patch tomorrow (Saturday 18 April) which will fix the issue with the Feats becoming unslotted when a character crosses a Hex boundary. No client-side patch will be required.
Smeltbane
Two things.

First, the least important, I'm not seeing Crafting times having been reduced and it is not longer on the EE 7 notes, I'm guessing that got removed again?

Now for the more important. Healing of all types is doing significantly less then it had been. One example, Positive Energy Channeling, while it is now fixed and healing everyone in the area (even enemies btw) it now only heals about 140, not even the listed 350! I understand the 1k+ I had been healing before was not as intended, but I'm assuming only 140 is also not as intended! I will repeat this in the bug reports.
Mistwalker
@Drake
Healing is now working properly - it is comparing the number of keywords on your armor to the level of the healing. The higher the armor and the lower the healing ability (orison or channel), the less points get healed.

I suspect that you channel positive is at 1, while you are wearing T2+2 armor.
Ryan Dancey
We did not intend to reduce crafting times with EE7. We wanted to start that conversation now and get feedback from the community and talk about our ideas for how Crafting should work.
Smeltbane
Ryan: Ok, guess I was just confused.

Mistwalker, no it's at 2, and why would my healing be LESS then the listed amount of 350 which is the BASE amount?

I have T2 +1 armor, but armor doesn't effect Utilities. My Helmet with it's 1 keyword does.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post