Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Live Server Release of v7.1

Ryan Dancey
Stephen will probably explain in more detail, but I can summarize.

Things are designed to scale so that more powerful characters require more powerful effects to obtain the same outcome. We don't want you to get an ability as a young character and then see a static benefit as your character power grows. So the effectiveness of some Feats is reduced when you're equipped with more powerful gear. Healing effects are one of those aspects. To continue to get the same kind of benefit as you equip more powerful gear you need to be receiving more powerful Healing too.

See the Additional Effects section on Page 4 of the Combat Guide for more details and the actual mechanic.

This system deals with things like characters who take a small number of Cleric Feats but never advance them or invest in more powerful gear to match their keywords. You'll get full value when the character is appropriately geared for those low-level abilities, and a reducing value as you gear up to more and more powerful stuff.
Nihimon
With respect to Channel Positive Energy:

To calculate what the effect should be, we need to know:
1. The Rank of Channel Positive Energy you have slotted.
2. The Item Names and Upgrade Pluses of all of your Utility Gear.
3. The Name and Rank of the Armor Feat you have slotted.
4. The Item Name and Upgrade Plus of the Armor you're wearing.

If you're trying to use Rank 1 of Channel Positive Energy with no Utility Gear, but you're wearing Tier 2 +2 Armor and using a Rank 6 Armor Feat, you can expect the Heal to be reduced by 70%.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Nihimon
Drake
… but armor doesn't effect Utilities.

It most certainly does.

The number of matched Keywords between your Armor and Armor Feat effects everything. This is the Effect Protection side of the equation. The Effect Power depends on whether you're using an Attack, a Utility, or an Expendable, but the Effect Protection is always based on your Armor.
Tyncale
As painful as it is, it was needed. Augment and Lesser Cure are meant for Tier 1 characters. I was one of the tier 2 characters that did not bother to go after Redouble because it simply was not needed. Now it is.

On the positive side, I expect Journeymans Cure Potions to become more valued now: because these are level 6, Tier 2 potions, I expect the Epro effect to hardly diminish their healing which would mean they will heal for (almost) the full 535 HP.

I have not checked it yet, but this is what I expect.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Nihimon
I'm hearing some reports that folks who logged out with Full Power at a Tavern are logging in and having to regen Power. I expect this has to do with the fix to the bug that was unslotting Feats. I have not heard of anyone having their Feats unslotted, though.
Ryan Dancey
It may be the issue described in the Release Notes "Known Issues":

For a variety of behind-the-scenes reasons when a character logs in to Early Enrollment 7 for the first time the character will not be at max Hit Points or Power. We recommend that you visit a Tavern or use a Campfire to restore Power as you start your first session in Early Enrollment 7.
Decius
Tyncale
As painful as it is, it was needed. Augment and Lesser Cure are meant for Tier 1 characters. I was one of the tier 2 characters that did not bother to go after Redouble because it simply was not needed. Now it is.

On the positive side, I expect Journeymans Cure Potions to become more valued now: because these are level 6, Tier 2 potions, I expect the Epro effect to hardly diminish their healing which would mean they will heal for (almost) the full 535 HP.

I have not checked it yet, but this is what I expect.
And if a character in T1 armor uses a T2 potion, they should expect significantly more than the nominal healing from it. Which is okay, because they shouldn't be able to afford the expenditure of using them all the time.
HowardWdW
Ok should have looked more closely for a healing thread before posting what I did. One question though. I thought that keywords on utility items (head, gloves, boots etc) weren't working? Are they now working? If so is there a spreadsheet with the info on what does what to what?
HowardWdW
Here was my other post, most of which has been answered EXCEPT FOR SCALING AND UTILITY ITEMS QUESTIONS:

Not sure what EE7 was supposed to do to healing but it has certainly changed it a whole bunch. These are not complaints, just the observed facts and the question is: is this how it's supposed to be working?

Lesser Cure. Was healing for the listed amount, now heals for about 140 to 170.
Minor Cure. Same issue as Lesser Cure.
Healing Potions. Also healing for less than listed amount.
Cure Tokens. Haven't tested.
Channel Positive Energy. Burst to all now works, including healing monsters (even undead!). Healing amount has dropped from previous range that was 280 to 2000+ now heals 105.

The corollary questions are: do healing potions +1,2 ,3 now heal more than the base amount, if so what is the scale?
Does training more than 1 level of minor cure or channel positive energy now have an increased healing amount, if so what is the scale? And WHEN will Clerics have something that does damage in significant amounts to undead?
HowardWdW
CAN WE RENAME THIS THREAD TO BE ABOUT HEALING I DON'T SEE IT IN THE RECENTLY UPDATED FORUMS

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post