Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Thornkeep Hexes

Bringslite
I feel strongly that an area so close to a new character start point should be as safe as possible AND have some introductory baby Esc's.

In the long term I doubt that would drive off any but the worst sort of PVP players. You don't want them anyway.

In the short term it will really help PVP reluctant players to try the game, try some unique(about PFO) things and not drive them away due to being farmed (for thrills) by A Holes.

If you can easily do so, I would suggest that you add as many neat features (with very little real advantage) that you can to this area. Get them hooked by the Wonder that is (or could be) PFO.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Lee Hammock
As Lisa said, there is no programming time on this so it does not impact new feature implementation or tech bug fixes, it's mainly Lee and Bob time (with a little bit of art to update the map).
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It's possible the quick-spawning, low-level monster hexes should not give holding construction tokens, or they might be too easily farmed by nearby groups.

Good point, I can adjust the boss loot drops for these to account for their more continuous nature.
Giorgio
In that case, what are the negatives or downsides you see to implement this idea versus doing nothing?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
KarlBob
I like this plan.
Decius
Bob
Caldeathe Baequiannia
It's possible the quick-spawning, low-level monster hexes should not give holding construction tokens, or they might be too easily farmed by nearby groups.

Good point, I can adjust the boss loot drops for these to account for their more continuous nature.

Making those escalations low-value to established groups is the only way that they will provide the intended value to new players.

Give them two t1 recipe drops instead of a victory token?
Nihimon
Decius
Making those escalations low-value to established groups is the only way that they will provide the intended value to new players.

Give them two t1 recipe drops instead of a victory token?

This.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Lee Hammock
Giorgio
In that case, what are the negatives or downsides you see to implement this idea versus doing nothing?

More monster hexes and wilderness hexes around Thornkeep, possibly upsetting previous territorial conflicts or plans.
Jokken
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I think it's a positive step.

Would you also please consider doing some logs of activity, and maybe relocating Rotter's Hole to the center of the map (where Marchmont is, or Hammerforge if that is truly abandoned) when you move new players to Thornkeep?

I and others in the northwest are very fond of Rotters Hole. We even have a company in its honor. Moving it to center map would not make us happy settlers.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
Edam
Sounds good though I do suggest retaining a low level NPC Thornguard monitored "corridor" between PFU and TK. Retain the NPC hexes in between PFU and TK

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post