Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Monster Stats

Seraph
Has anyone done any research on what kind of stats monsters have? I have been unable to find any information on this, but am considering starting to do my own research.

Basically, I'm trying to get a feel for overall hit points, resistances, defenses, attack and damage that various PvE monsters are putting out. It will be particularly useful for both theory crafting and making informed decisions in game.

For example, out hunting Ustalavians I noticed that my fire attacks were not dealing their full damage, even when I got a full hit factor. I would not expect heavy armor Ustalavians to have any fire resistance, just like heavy armor characters don't (barring buffs), but it seems likely that they do. Also knowing their total hit points will help evaluate the effectiveness of dots like stacks of burning.

I assume that T1 and T2 monsters follow similar rules to players governing core mechanics like rolling 3d200 and using the roll determined by their tier.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
KarlBob
Deducing monster stats will be a heck of a lot easier when GW introduces a combat log. Until then, I wish you good luck, because figuring out reliable numbers will be rough.
Decius
You can learn their resistances by knowing your damage type, base damage and damage factor, and you can learn their damage type, base damage, and damage factor if you can apply attuned or resistant to each defense.

Recovery and effect protection are hard.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post