Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Death of Casual Players...

Flea
Doc
One thing to keep in mind though, with this advice, is that if the problem of "lack of equipment destruction" is not addressed soon, fairly quickly the demand for crafted equipment will dry up, since everybody will have what they need. After that, demand for gathered materials will dry up because crafters won't have anything to do.

Sure. If people aren't really playing the game. I go through at least one armor set every two weeks. I PvP, PvE, and gather. All can be perilous. Also, travelling the map can get rough at some points. I want to know what the folks who don't take dura hits are doing bc that would make what I do (playing the dadgum game) easier in the long run!
Edam
Flea
Doc
One thing to keep in mind though, with this advice, is that if the problem of "lack of equipment destruction" is not addressed soon, fairly quickly the demand for crafted equipment will dry up, since everybody will have what they need. After that, demand for gathered materials will dry up because crafters won't have anything to do.

Sure. If people aren't really playing the game. I go through at least one armor set every two weeks. I PvP, PvE, and gather. All can be perilous. Also, travelling the map can get rough at some points. I want to know what the folks who don't take dura hits are doing bc that would make what I do (playing the dadgum game) easier in the long run!

Not everyone plays it super safe. yeah sure in T2+2 you can stand there solo and just let 3 or 4 yellow ogres hit you and take almost no damage but there is more dangerous stuff out there.
Tink says Stab
It should also be noted that the vast majority of the money flowing through Callambea right now isn't being put towards gear, rather it is being put towards Journeyman's Speed Potions, something that see a much higher rate of use (at least in my crowd). If you don't see a gear market developing where you are, move into consumables. Cure pots and Speed pots OP.

I agree with those saying that this shouldn't be a problem. In ~3 hours of gathering I can make ~1g, and there are very few reasons why you shouldn't be able to do the same. Tyncale has made Callambea an excellent place to make money, and that will only become more so as other crafters notice that there is money to be made.

Honestly, I feel you though. Without buy orders it is extremely difficult for casual characters to extract value from the auction house. There is no way for a casual player to know the value of a particular good. If you weren't active on the Trade forums, you might have no idea that there are T2 herbs that will sell for 25 copper each at Callambea.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Doc
I'm not sure what I'm doing differently then. I farm purples and engage in PvP and have never lost a piece of armor due to durability.
Midnight
Moray
I tend to solo, explore, and gather as much as possible to put into company bank. I feel I'm more valuable as a gatherer.

If your company agrees, perhaps they should be paying for your training.

You can't just give everything away and then complain.

I'm a time limited player, too. (I hesitate to use the word "casual" when my mates know how serious I am about the game).

But it is likely (especially since the patch) that your company needs you to be doing escalations with them, more than anything else. (For Holding Kit recipes and Victory Markers). Join them for that and the coin will flow.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
Upon giving this some thought I actually see no reason why one or two coppers should not turn up occasionally in a junk midden. It will not break the economy and will really help out new characters struggling for cash.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Edam
Upon giving this some thought I actually see no reason why one or two coppers should not turn up occasionally in a junk midden. It will not break the economy and will really help out new characters struggling for cash.
Every midden already has at least 5 coppers worth of stuff in it, probably ten, sometimes more.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Giorgio
Midnight
I'm a time limited player, too. (I hesitate to use the word "casual" when my mates know how serious I am about the game).

I struggle to find 2-3 hours a day to be able to play. With my current income of $0/hour and a family member in need of help, my RL situation takes precedence. I have been reading, playing, and participating (as an officer of Forgeholm) in PFO since the second day of the Tech Demo KS. I am not "casual" or "hardcore", I am a dedicated player. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Daeglin
One of our new recruits made 12sp in his third day of play from gathering and selling on the AH in Talonguard. He asked me if that was any good. I looked at my measley handful of coin, told him that wasn't bad, and headed off to the trainers to up my gathering skills…
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Tink says Stab
Yup. A lot of the community have no idea how easy it is to make money right now, mostly because they don't interact with those areas where money can be made. If you don't visit the forums, or talk to the industrious people that are jump starting the economies of their settlements, they might have no idea just how valuable their hour of gathering really is.

If I didn't talk to Tyncale I wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of cash that I do right now.

Hey look, why we need buy orders!
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post