Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Phantom escalations

Grip
A large escalation was cleared, yet I am still unable to place a holding in the hex and am getting the message "you must clear the escalation before you can build a holding". No escalation symbol on the radar and no escalation mobs in hex.

Also near EL a Charred Goblins mini escalation was cleared but a 'butchers' task is still showing.
Gog
Consider adding the locations of the specific hexes in question.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Grip
I shall not reveal my location … where I need to build is a secret smile
Gog
Your cunning plan will make it impossible for the devs to help you.

If you'd rather have the conversation via email, that's fine, but this thread serves no purpose if it contains no actionable information.
^This is Dak (Charlie George). RIP <Guurzak>
Grip
Email sent regarding the hex in which I want to build.

I disagree with your assertion that posting regarding phantom escalations without precise locations 'serves no purpose'. There have been several charred goblin escalations around EL lately that either don't spawn the escalation mobs, or where tasks remain even after the escalation is gone. Obviously something is wrong with the mechanics regardless of position on the map.
Grip
The specific situation regarding the holding in the hex resolved itself after reset. Goblin Bob saw the hex before reset and couldn't determine why the hex wasn't allowing me to build the holding.

I hope the issue doesn't become a daily occurance.
Grip
Same problem today in different hex.
Grip
And now a 'Nature's Wrath' that has no tasks and none of the Wrath enemies. Just normal bandits, wolves, etc. No way to reduce the escalation at all. Same hex that you looked at before Bob.
Grip
Plus the hex just NE of Emerald Lodge has a Black snake escalation which spawns no Black Snake enemies. This one shows the escalation at 25%
Bob
There was definitely a problem with those hexes. Even though they appeared to be properly infected, for some reason they were pulling from the wrong list of mobs to spawn.

On the downside, escalations are difficult or impossible to defeat when they're in this state. The mobs themselves won't provide any strength drops, since they're the wrong monsters. However, if the events are running, they can still probably be defeated even if they have the wrong mobs in all their generic spawns.

On the upside, this problem seems to clear up after the daily downtime.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post