Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

A lone player...

The Pompous Peasant
Greetings Beautiful Folk of Pathfinder Online,

Thinking of reactivating my account, only played a bit before, and had a few general questions. I like to have a back-story for my characters and curious what ours is? Do we start off in a town? I just can't remember.

Other then that I was interested in the PvE or if there will be some in the future? I know PO is heavily PvP, dig that, as well as crafting, errr not so much, so PvE is important to me.

Oh also what is the death mechanic and the lore behind us coming back to life?

Well that's that and wishes! I have no idea who I will meet in game just going to play my character as a vagabond and see what happendssmile
“It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But a half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor.”

Neil Gaiman
Ryan Dancey
Hi! Welcome back!

You will start in Marchmont, or wherever you last logged in. Marchmont is where all new characters enter the game. There's a short bit of fiction describing this process in the New Player Guide..

There is lots of PvE content already. The world is filled with monsters that need killin'.

When you die, your body and the gear you have equipped respawns at a nearby shrine of Pharasma. 25% of your non-equipped inventory is destroyed and the remainder is left on a "husk" that you can recover or other players can loot. The specific reasons you're being endlessly respawned have not been made known to any mortal.

The Pompous Peasant
Thanks Ryan. You are the main reason I'm returning smile I'm going to roll a new character so Marchmont it is.
“It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But a half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor.”

Neil Gaiman
Azure_Zero
You might want to stop by a HighRoad Covenant Settlement (Talonguard, Stoneroot, and Tavernhold), and see what we are up to and almost all of it is PVE.
Saturday is our Weekly Hunt, which is open to anyone who want to join it.
Thod-Theodum
There is lots of PvE available right now. A good starting point is the Pathfinder University to learn the game properly. Off course any settlement will happily take you and support you. Just ask and someone will help.
Emerald Lodge is an independent group that tries to stay out of the main wars (currently there is PvP light if you stay close). We do this via diplomacy.
A good place to start and meet up people is the Golarion Mumble server where several settlements can be found.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
I'll just reinforce Thod, that there is usually something happening on mumble at golarion.mumble.com port 3093

If you have mumble configured on your machine, you should be able to find it by clicking here: "mumble://golarion.mumble.com:3093/"
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Yrme
The Pompous Peasant
… I like to have a back-story for my characters and curious what ours is? Do we start off in a town? I just can't remember.

Oh also what is the death mechanic and the lore behind us coming back to life?

The new player's guide provides an introduction with the basic premise: the goddess Pharasma is doing something here and we find ourselves caught up in it. We have apparently died, and have memory of our name, but other knowledge fades quickly. Past associations and knowledge are lost. (Some players can decide that they can remember more of their past, but the key thing is that we can't call on the resources of our past kingship or the skills we once had as a might mage. The character is a blank slate.)

Being chosen by Pharasma for whatever she is doing here is a mixed blessing. We don't die - we can't die permanantly. But we are also trapped in this space she has chosen.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post